Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Question for VTers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
Hoplander
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Question for VTers

SWMBO and I will be visiting the lovely state of Vermont for the first time next weekend (in the vicinity of Round Barn farm/Waterbury). So I have a couple questions...

A. We plan on visiting Warren Falls. Is it ok to bring beer to a place like this?

2. Other than Prohibition Pig and the hours drive to Alchemist and Burlington, respectively. Can you recommend places to eat/drink and also any other local brews I should keep an eye out for other than HT, Lawson's and Hill Farmstead?

Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
alane1
Recipes 

Liked 144 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 99

hours Drive to the Alchemist? It's in the same town, Waterbury. Rock Art makes some decent beer. Wicked Wings in Johnson is good and Ben and Jerry's is right near the alchemist. Good luck

Old 07-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
Hoplander
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alane1
hours Drive to the Alchemist? It's in the same town, Waterbury. Rock Art makes some decent beer. Wicked Wings in Johnson is good and Ben and Jerry's is right near the alchemist. Good luck
I must have been looking at something else on the map. It's like 30 minutes from the place we're staying haha my trip just got so much better. Thanks for the recommendations.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:34 AM   #4
jamesewelch
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Does that mean you will be here for the brew fest?

When in Burlington, make sure to stop at Farmhouse Tap & Grill. They usually have Hill Farmstead and Lawson's on tap and great food.

Here is a guide I posted a few weeks ago to the area. There wi be lots of events next weekends for the brew fest, so even if you don't have tickets check out the pubs.

http://www.vtbeer.org/2013/06/19/vermonts-ipa-highway/

Old 07-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #5
bigmike99
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 225 Times on 151 Posts

Blackback tavern in waterbury had 3 HF and a Lawson's on tap. Kind of a hole in the wall place but good for a couple beers. Also the pizza place right up the street was excellent. Forget the name of it but its literally around the corner from blackback.

Swmbo and I had a nice time and Ben and Jerry's. Did the quick tour and had some ice cream and were in and out in about an hour.

Overall a nice place. Enjoy.

Untappd-Mombo

Old 07-14-2013, 03:19 AM   #6
jamesewelch
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Blackback Pub usually has a great selection of HF and Lawsons. I think the pizza place might be The Blue Stone. Blackback has some decent Mexican food

Old 07-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #7
Hoplander
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Won't be there until the 27th. Got my weekends mixed up. Wish I could go to the Brew Fest. Looks pretty great. I will have to check these places out for sure. Thanks again.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
Hoplander
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

So I missed fresh HT by an hour yesterday. In town for one more day. Anyone know of a place I can go to get 4 packs? OR does anyone have some fresh cans they'd be willing to part with?

Old 07-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
Hoplander
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Also, Blue Stone was great. Loved blackback's (our bar tender was from Philly) and Prohibition Pig had a great selection of beer (though, I wasn't crazy about their food).

Old 07-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #10
jamesewelch
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Alchemist made deliveries to Stowe and Morrisville on Friday. If you're very lucky, you might be able to find some 4-packs there at a smaller store. Heady usually sells out quick at large stores but the smaller stores are sometimes hidden. Check retail list on their web site for which stores in Stowe and Morrisville carries it.

Quick Reply