Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So. After failing at all other stringed instruments because of my fat, uncoordinated fingers, I'm learning the ukulele. Fun/ easy punk songs to learn? Any suggestions?

DKs

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rm-Fu8rBms[/ame]

Dead Kennedys - Holiday In Cambodia

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqie3zceU-0[/ame]

Dead Kennedys - MTV Get Off The Air - (Live at DMPOs on Broadway, SF, USA, 1984)

Yes again. Oh ,Jello and your green gloves. Things have changed, haven't they? I'll get back to the uke stuff tomorrow.

It's a holiday in Cambodia. Where people dress in black. It's a holiday in Cambodia. Where you'll kiss ass or crack!

Crass, anyone?

more about Germ's Garage.

Preston, Muskrat, and I I helped Germ for 2-3 days cleaning out his garage. most everything went into a huge construction dumpster. I made sure there was nothing with names/addresses going in. we had (quite) a few parties and shows there. one of the things we found was one of those fancy oil fountain lamps. it dripped oil down what loooked like fishing line. we filled it with water, corn syrup, and red food coloring. many nights had "screenings" of cheesy B Horror flicks. I think one of my most memorable moments there was just before our band, Cathoklism, played one night. me, Preston, Muskrat, and Germ were all vocalists. I was walking up to the closest grocery store for more beer (probably Maudite) when I run into 2 Nazi skins. they were both fresh cuts. they questioned my affiliation and we got into it. one of them pulled out a dull pocket knife and tried to stab me at a downward angle. he caught my left arm right in that goofy muscle on the elbow. thankfully it didn't go in deep, but it hurt like a floccin' bastige. I took him down with a right upper cut and charged the other guy. we both fell to the ground and fought for the top. I eventually got on top and punched him as hard as I could with my right. he wasn't out, but he wasn't getting up. I walked on to the store and got my beer. on my way back I cut through the drainage ditch in case they were ready for another round. our band played, I was drunk as flocc, and I may have peed in the oil fountain. I remember waking in the back of my truck at Germs Garage and wondering why my left arm hurt so damn bad.

what you can't see I won't see. what you won't see I see before me. I can't close the door. I can't close the window. I can't see what's before me. why am I so angry? why don't you stand with me? why aren't you angry? what can't you see? what won't you see? are you OK with this apathy? are you fine with passing by my brother? what I can't see I see past here. I refuse to take it all with a grain of salt. why aren't we all so damn angry? why the flocc don't we stand up against our personal plagues? we share more than we realize. you look at him and he looks at me. we all look different and refuse to see. he is you and you are me. we're not so different emotionally. even genetically. I'm his brother as you are mine. why can't I open the door? why can't I break free? why cdoes the past still scar so damn bad? why can't we see the real enemy? they stand before us preaching decency. something they haven't seen since childhood. we have to take it back before to the gallows we are lead. it's time to take it back. stop fighting among ourselves. a punk is a skin is a metal head. we are all angry at the same things it's time to take it back or time to break our necks. it's time to take it back it's time to take it back it's time to yake it back it's time to ytaker it back. tak it back,

Not as exciting as one of BK's stories, but was listening to Cock Sparrer earlier in the day, and two songs always remind me of an old friend. Lazy mug spent a few months crashing on my couch doing nothing, until he met this Welsh bird on the internet, and she flew out here and he wanted her to stay at our place and we told him to f*** off she can stay in a hotel, we don't want some woman we don't know at all staying in our place until ?, so he goes to a hotel with her, and next thing we know they've gotten married, and then all of a sudden she flies back to Wales, and he moves down to Florida, and I basically haven't talked to him since.

First, something that was really funny at the time, but this was playing, and at the appropriate part, his response (very deadpan) of "well that's selfish" was still one of the funniest things I've heard. Definitely the funniest thing that bastard ever said.

And then this one, which given the story above should be self explanatory.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't help but think we all have the same stories. just different paint in the pictures. I hope your brother found what he was looking for. they say to leave no one behind, but we can't move on holding on to the past. maybe we can all move on. maybe we can't. lets put some more paint on thep icture.

Not as exciting as one of BK's stories, but was listening to Cock Sparrer earlier in the day, and two songs always remind me of an old friend. Lazy mug spent a few months crashing on my couch doing nothing, until he met this Welsh bird on the internet, and she flew out here and he wanted her to stay at our place and we told him to f*** off she can stay in a hotel, we don't want some woman we don't know at all staying in our place until ?, so he goes to a hotel with her, and next thing we know they've gotten married, and then all of a sudden she flies back to Wales, and he moves down to Florida, and I basically haven't talked to him since.

First, something that was really funny at the time, but this was playing, and at the appropriate part, his response (very deadpan) of "well that's selfish" was still one of the funniest things I've heard. Definitely the funniest thing that bastard ever said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU8P0Ufwpl8

And then this one, which given the story above should be self explanatory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS1EOBN_gxo

ah yes reminds me of my first trip to England.. sitting in an Otley pub sharing rounds of tetley's and the sounds of cock sparrer.!! thanks for the memories mate!

they walked in and pushed them all away. it's the nature of the beast. you get flocced, you get flocced, you get flocced, then you flocc them before they get the chance. a snake eating its' own tail. maybe more like wiping your a$$ on a wagon wheel: you get nowhere and end up with your own s#!t across your back. feeding the demon is just another fight. the drug of violence you just can't quit. did Batman have so many problems trying to save the city he destroyed himself? at what cost come 'fair'? fractured minds from broken homes reach for the glue. it's always just out of reach. or so are the stories we preach.

Let's collectively write a song. How bout it? No particular subject, just write down what you've got. I'll complie it later. I'll start.

Came so close
Went too far
On the floor
Of this filthy bar

Count my blessings
Count my scars

And get up once again

hey rude boys @billy_klubb and @qhrumpf have you seen the new flick on Netflix? The Guvnors seems right up your alley, but without the great music. I'm jamming to Earnest Wilson while I write this, and it was Tim Armstrong, then the Specials before that. Had to give you a heads up on that movie, it's kinda bada$$. While I'm at it, I'd also like to send a big PMA to Dr. Know, I really hope he gets well soon

hey rude boys @billy_klubb and @qhrumpf have you seen the new flick on Netflix? The Guvnors seems right up your alley, but without the great music. I'm jamming to Earnest Wilson while I write this, and it was Tim Armstrong, then the Specials before that. Had to give you a heads up on that movie, it's kinda bada$$. While I'm at it, I'd also like to send a big PMA to Dr. Know, I really hope he gets well soon

put it on my Netflix list!

What song is that?

Let's collectively write a song. How bout it? No particular subject, just write down what you've got. I'll complie it later. I'll start.

Came so close
Went too far
On the floor
Of this filthy bar

Count my blessings
Count my scars

And get up once again

Haha! No worries. I was in this shape when I posted it...

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jA693mX0CyM[/ame]

Back