Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Punk Rock and Hardcore

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2013, 02:27 AM   #1251
morganamps
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstyle69

what did you do in the band? and were you on the In the Family EP?
Yes I played guitar in the band and on that record
Old 03-15-2013, 02:49 AM   #1252
1fast636
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 290 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc

If you guys feel like making a trip to the Phoenix area let me know. PM me and we can set something up.

Here's some stuff I've recorded/mixed, but none of it is recent. The stuff I can do now is a bit better.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Blacklistedstudio/videos?view=0
Oh my god your hitler subtitles is the best I have seen to date oh man thanks for the awesome laugh you got some skills to on All the other stuff to man

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 06:00 AM   #1253
oldstyle69
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganamps View Post
Yes I played guitar in the band and on that record
i had a copy of that EP on cassette tape.. haha. i was bangin some skinhead girl from MN that i scored a bunch of music from. ahhh memories.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:44 AM   #1254
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay SHARP
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1421 Times on 1026 Posts
Likes Given: 598

Up Next: English IPA, Spiced Winter Warmer, Brett. C. Old Ale
Primary: Best Bitter
Secondary: Sour Stout, Wild Bitter
Polypinned: English Summer Ale, Coniston Bluebird Bitter Clone v1.5
Bottled: Sticke Altbier, Doppelsticke Altbier, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Spruce Brown Ale, Arrogant Bastard Clone
Bottled for the long haul: Brett B. Tripel, Quadrupel, Tripel, Brett C. Oaked English Barleywine, Lamebic

Old 03-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #1255
Dynachrome
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 469

NWS link:

Old 03-17-2013, 01:39 AM   #1256
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 196 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fast636 View Post
Oh my god your hitler subtitles is the best I have seen to date oh man thanks for the awesome laugh you got some skills to on All the other stuff to man
Thanks. Glad I could make you laugh.

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

Old 03-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #1257
tippetsnapper
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I caught the last show of the tour on Sat night of Every Time I Die, they absolutely killed it.

Acacia Strain was half decent except for the lame diatribes between songs.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy"

Old 03-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #1258
dfc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

So far so good as far as tour is concerned.

Picture and tour diary of the FBS (Fight Before Surrender) tour.

On 3-15-13 in Buckland Ohio was our kickoff show. We had a decent turnout of around 130 people. While I'm not touring as an audio engineer the guy who was running sound for the show had just bought his gear 2 weeks before. I ended up running sound for the show and giving the guy a few pointers. During one band's set they made it clear they wanted a great deal of vocals in their monitor wedges. I told them I'd do what I could because we were having issues with feedback (it was in a gym) and the kid tried to tell me how to eliminate the feedback by rolling off all the highs. I informed him I taught this type of material and to not tell me how to do my job. They sounded good (as far as their audio was concerned) but in hindsight I should have just rolled off all of their highs so they'd have horribly muddy vocals. Lucky for them I'm a nice guy. It was an amazing show. Behringer console and left stack pictured as well as practice the day before.

On 3-16-13 we played in Somerset Kentucky. This was a poorly run show all around that was promoted poorly and had a very bad turnout with horrible sound. It was in a theater (obviously designed/built to sound good) and all I could hear was the low end of the bass and that was coming from the actual cab. Horrible monitor mixes despite SEVERAL requests for more bass, more guitar and at least a little bit of vocals. After the show the engineer came backstage and praised our performances and said "If you ever need an audio engineer let me know". I bit my tongue and pursed my lip as the guitarist of the band I'm touring with looked at me to see my reaction. It was great. The drive to the show was gloomy and the people we stayed with have a pet boa. Picture of drummer hand, gloomy road and boa included.

3-17-13 Nashville (St. Paddy's Day) Foobar: I got to see a few former students at this show. This was an amazing show from start to finish. All of the bands were great (it was an all punk show) and the crowd loved it. The bar was giving out free merchandise (shirt pictured). The audio engineer knew what he was doing and I recognized it even before any audio was run. He was on a ladder troubleshooting the lights. I ended up talking to him and he went to school for audio engineering in the DC area. He was familiar with the school I teach at due to all of our magazine ads. Picture of Yamaha console and former students included as well as free shirt.

3-18-13 We've got a few days off so we're staying in the Nashville area. One of the good things to do on tour is to eat local cuisine. We got some spicy chicken. The guys we're touring with (Triple Stitch) from Minnesota were crying and all red from the spicy chicken. Me living in the Southwest gave me an unfair advantage apparently. I finished the chicken with no problems other than a slightly runny nose. Picture of chicken included.

Simple bottling process

MeatyPortion Likes This 
Old 03-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #1259
Indytruks138
2 Punks Brewery
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 218 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Looks like a blast man! We are hoping to do a week long mini-tour this winter. Our main singer (we all sing some songs but he sings about 2/3) is leaving the country for 6 months for work, so our guitar player and myself have to learn to sing a whole lot more really quick. We have a show scheduled Apr 17 and May 26, last night was our first practice with us singing more and I blew my voice out one time through the set. Should be a challenge. Keep posting pics as the tour goes on man, really does look like fun.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #1260
dfc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indytruks138 View Post
Looks like a blast man! We are hoping to do a week long mini-tour this winter. Our main singer (we all sing some songs but he sings about 2/3) is leaving the country for 6 months for work, so our guitar player and myself have to learn to sing a whole lot more really quick. We have a show scheduled Apr 17 and May 26, last night was our first practice with us singing more and I blew my voice out one time through the set. Should be a challenge. Keep posting pics as the tour goes on man, really does look like fun.
Will do. We're playing tomorrow night in Jackson, MS. We're booked full up until Saturday next week, so I should have some good stories and pictures coming up.

Good luck on your upcoming shows!

Simple bottling process

Quick Reply