Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Punk Rock and Hardcore

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #1101
WastedCider
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I'd like to point out that, as I do in most discussions about music, I was just f***ing with you man. I don't care what GG's legacy is any more than I care if the Cro-Mags are crossover or early hardcore. Some people think he's hilarious (me), some people think he stands for something and some think he's an overrated naked man who smelled of poop. I'm not quite sure any of it matters.

We used to joke about Punk Points and Show Cards. I'm glad these jokes were universal. BTW - Angry Young and Poor is out of Lancaster, right? I used to go to some shows in Stroudsberg, but mainly stuck to Wilkes Barre and Philly for nationally touring bands and Scranton for local shows.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #1102
WastedCider
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I could never tell if he meant it or not. The people who worshiped him seem to have more problems than he did. I just think it's all funny. I started to leave the punk scene when it stopped being about having fun and became more about shoe gazing and ****. I can't take anything that seriously. I don't listen to GG, except for his cover of Waren Zevon's Carmelita. I do enjoy the reaction he gets though. But I'm not even the one who brought him up. I kinda just wanted to make a joke.

Old 02-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #1103
TheFej
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

First off, the fact that GG Allin was brought up in a Homebrew forum is awesome! Second, I have a ton of GG Allin records and videos. Seriously, the amount of stuff I've collected is rediculous. But this has been over more than a 20 year period. I never met the man but judging from all the video and interviews I have seen and read, and from talking with his brother Merle on a few occations, the on stage GG Allin was quite a bit different than the off stage GG Allin. The onstage GG was the psycho you all know and love. The off stage GG was a different guy for the most part. I have video of him when it is just him and the band or other people he associated with and he is cracking jokes and just hanging out like anyone else. Well, other than the videos of him having women pee or poo on him. More than anything I think he was quite conscious of the on stage image he had to uphold, and was very vain in that he had to be the center of attention and wanted as many people as possible to know who he was. I believe he was business conscious as well. At least during the last tour in 93 he was, which is why he was on all those talk shows and was also contacting the local press in every town they played in pretending to be a manager for the Murder Junkies and inviting them out to the show. And maybe not even for money, but for more mainstream infamy. Not that the guy didn't have some rather obvious problems though. He definitely had a fetish for the pee and poo, loved violence and pain, and was definitely a junkie. But I don't think he was anywhere near as messed up mentally as people think he was, especially the worshippers. I'm certain that his lyrics mostly shock value with very little truth behind them. But more than anything, he was an entertainer. No one ever gave a more entertaining live show, or ever will, than GG, (GWAR does come close though). Even the shows where there was no pee or poo, no fighting, and little to no nudity were still more entertaining than any other band out there just for GG bashing his head in with whatever is near him and throwing himself all over the stage. The guy was an amazing entertainer. Sure it must've sucked for the people he attacked, hit, and threw poo at while playing live, but it's friggin' hilarious to watch! So have you stopped reading yet? Yeah, I have no idea why I felt the need to write all that.

On a completely unrelated note, I found this site yesterday: Ramones Download Sector. This guy has a ton of Ramones bootlegs posted, all working download links too! I have no affiliation with the site, just wanted to share.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:59 PM   #1104
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 124

I miss when these guys were good...

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

Old 02-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #1105
bovineblitz
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhldbymXK-8
I saw them in a lecture hall at Pitt. I went cuz the Lawrence Arms were playing but Rise Against were headlining. They totally ripped it up, all 50 people in attendance were going crazy, haha. It was a fantastic show. Two weeks later I saw them on MTV and was confused.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #1106
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Awesome. I love small shows like that.

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 AM   #1107
sonofgrok
n00basaurus
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 250 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Yeah... pre-whorestylesellout

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." ~Ernest Hemingway

Old 02-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #1108
Qhrumphf
Stay Rude, Stay SHARP
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1569 Times on 1122 Posts
Likes Given: 648

I remember these guys from when I was in high school their sound has changed a lot over the last 10-15 years.

Also, less than 2 weeks til the show, and I'm stoked.

Up Next: Flanders Red, Belgian IPA
Primary: Malt Liquor
Souring: Lamebic, Brett. C. Old Ale, Sour Stout, Brett C. Wild Bitter
Polypinned: English IPA
Bottled: Sticke Altbier, Doppelsticke Altbier, Weizenbock, Berliner Weisse, Spruce Brown Ale, English Summer Ale, Coniston Bluebird Bitter Clone v1.5, Best Bitter, Spiced Winter Warmer
In the "cellar": Brett B. Tripel, Quadrupel, Tripel, Brett C. Oaked English Barleywine, Lamebic

Old 02-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #1109
Barnzy02
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Never cared much for GG, but when he was with the Jabbers that **** was awesome!

Primary - Amber Alert IPA
Primary - Mild
Primary - empty

Keg - PennsPorter - Vanilla Porter
Keg - Rye Pale Ale

Pennsport Brewing

Old 02-13-2013, 03:00 AM   #1110
1fast636
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 296 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Guttermouth is one i have always like and some how forgot on my original post and my two favorite song from dag nasty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFLo_V-l9h0

dont knw why the second one wouldnt come up as a video just click it and it will take ya to it lol

Quick Reply