Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Punk Rock and Hardcore

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #1091
Billy-Klubb
Is Always Watching
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2622 Times on 1674 Posts
Likes Given: 5154

GG may have been a pioneer & cornered the market on not giving a flocc, but he was f-ed in the head & disgusting. it always seemed like he had to prove to everyone how much he didn't care about anything. the same way fresh cuts have to prove they aren't racist. the same way young punks tend to prove they have a refined taste as well as being intelligent. and the same way it seems a great number of home brewers have to prove they're not beer snobs by bragging about enjoying BMC on a regular basis. in my eyes, GG was nothing great. he was no visionary. he was no artist. he was an angry man that took advantage of his anger and rebellion to justify doing whatever he wanted.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andycr View Post
If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #1092
WastedCider
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 12

In response to your GG statement, I'd just like to point out that your quote says "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing".

Old 02-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #1093
Billy-Klubb
Is Always Watching
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WastedCider View Post
In response to your GG statement, I'd just like to point out that your quote says "If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing".
and I'd like to point out, I didn't say that. I can't even remember what that was inrespose to. either way, my sig does not justify GG being a piece of schelft. try to find something small and insignificant to justify the many actions? are we just talking a matter of degree? everything is a matter of degree. there is a point when the degree hits the level of unacceptable. you like ol' banana ass girl puncher? fine. I don't have to and no amount of justifying will ever change my mind on the subject.

There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?

Quote:

Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #1094
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
and I'd like to point out, I didn't say that. I can't even remember what that was inrespose to. either way, my sig does not justify GG being a piece of schelft. try to find something small and insignificant to justify the many actions? are we just talking a matter of degree? everything is a matter of degree. there is a point when the degree hits the level of unacceptable. you like ol' banana ass girl puncher? fine. I don't have to and no amount of justifying will ever change my mind on the subject.
I can't say I'm a fan of GG Allin either. Never was, never will be. An ex-gf of mine really liked him and played some song about raping kids. She was saying it's funny. I told her that in itself is disturbing. The guy wasn't putting on an act, he MEANT those lyrics. He was seriously mentally disturbed and you can gain that knowledge simply by watching an interview with the guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldskooler View Post
Hey, I just reached HBT manhood, I had my first boil over "Wow" Ok for you purists out there NO the swmbo did not witness this event, so you may say I haven't reached full manhood until she sees the mess I just created. Please don't be a Buzz Kill let me enjoy the moment..
Enjoy it by all means. I don't know why you posted this in this thread though. Is being messy punk rock?

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

Old 02-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #1095
Billy-Klubb
Is Always Watching
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post

Enjoy it by all means. I don't know why you posted this in this thread though. Is being messy punk rock?
it is. you get extra punk rock pOi!nts if you're wearing Dog Pile's.

Quote:

Old 02-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #1096
dfc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Haha, I used to joke about punk rock points all the time. Angry Young and Poor has a point system when you buy anything from them and that's what started the joke for me at least.

I used to tell people I had infinite punk rock points because I actually saw The Ramones live. It's amazing how quickly that shuts up the young "Punker than thou" kids. I love messing with them though. I use a line my boss uses. "I've forgotten more about punk rock than you'll ever know". They hate that.

Simple bottling process

WastedCider Likes This 
Old 02-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #1097
Billy-Klubb
Is Always Watching
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Haha, I used to joke about punk rock points all the time. Angry Young and Poor has a point system when you buy anything from them and that's what started the joke for me at least.

I used to tell people I had infinite punk rock points because I actually saw The Ramones live. It's amazing how quickly that shuts up the young "Punker than thou" kids. I love messing with them though. I use a line my boss uses. "I've forgotten more about punk rock than you'll ever know". They hate that.
we joked about punk points in the mid '90s. it's amazing how many people thought it was real. that and we'd tell all the fresh one's that they had to earn their mohawks. hahaha!! one arrogant youngin' got all smart with me once and asked all smarmy like, "How'd you earn your hawk then?" my old roommate replied faster than me, "He killed a guy that questioned his hawk." the kid was quiet around me after that. hahaha!

Quote:
WastedCider Likes This 
Old 02-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #1098
dfc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
we joked about punk points in the mid '90s. it's amazing how many people thought it was real. that and we'd tell all the fresh one's that they had to earn their mohawks. hahaha!! one arrogant youngin' got all smart with me once and asked all smarmy like, "How'd you earn your hawk then?" my old roommate replied faster than me, "He killed a guy that questioned his hawk." the kid was quiet around me after that. hahaha!
Awesome.

Simple bottling process

Old 02-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #1099
kfz
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

One of the only band i never get bored of is Choke!!

Old 02-10-2013, 02:13 AM   #1100
Hulud
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc

Lol I was wondering the same thing. Even showed it to swmbo who explained he probably hit the wrong thread

Quick Reply