The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > popping the question, how did you do it?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #11
FastAndy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 150 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 19

We were on vacation seeing her family in New England. After 2 days of fighting off hurricane Irene in Boston we had perfect weather, sitting on a park bench at Boston Harbor, couldn't been better.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
gavball6
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

On one knee on the beach of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Not crazy inventive, but effective. Going on 3 years and expecting our first this November!

Old 07-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #13
MaddBaggins
I feel Hoppy!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I took her out to dinner for our 4 yr anniversary. Popped the question over champagne and desert. While this sounds very typical, it was not what she expected of me. She was sure I would ask her on some mountain top in the middle of a backpacking trip.
Thats why I did the fancy dinner, dressed up nice thing. She was shocked.

Good luck!

Old 07-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
stratslinger
Brewing Thespian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 105 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 81

We had been talking about marriage for a while at the time - it was already pretty much decided on both our parts, but she wanted to be surprised. So, on Christmas eve, I suggested we grab lunch on the way up to see my family. And I suggested the same place we had our first date. How she didn't see this coming, I still don't know. Anyway, conversation got around to nerves, and she commented about how I never get nervous, and I told her sure I do. She asked when, and I said right now, then took a knee and popped the question right there.

Old 07-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #15
lex990
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I just got in about 6am from a wild ass night with my buddies gravel roadin, She told me to call when I got in, swmbo went to visit parents so i had a pass with the boys. I didn't call because the sun was coming up when I was walking in. she popped in about 745 with a demonic look on her face. she proceeded to chew my ass for another 30 min about how i didn't care about her, and didn't respect her because i didn't call. (this was really the first fight or argument we had for the year we were together). I was hurtin and just wanted to sleep, so i pretty much said, yeah, well you are clueless because i do care about you because I was gonna ask you to marry me. moods changed, she gave me a big hug, i passed back out. it was ironic cause I had an appointment with the jeweler the next week. She didn't get to pick out the ring, but i had all her friends giving me hints, and I got her the perfect one. This august is our 10 year. Since my first proposal sucked balls, I am going to surprise her with a surprise vow renewal ceremony. I'll drop down to the lifetime channel male for this once because she is an awesome woman and a great mother.

Honey... I'm just going out for a like an hour. We are only going to drink one or two and head home... I promise ;).

Old 07-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #16
Psychodrea
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We were on vacation in Chicago, our last night there. It was close to midnight, drinking wine and watching videos. He and I always do this little game with food such as jelly beans or flavored center chocolates where one person closes their eyes, and the other tells them what color and you have to guess what flavor it was. So he was getting up all evening and having me guess these Godiva chocolate flavors. On the third one, he said white and... there was no chocolate behind it! I opened my eyes to see him down on one knee.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:50 AM   #17
autobaun70
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts

We went out on the boat on lake Jocassee, which has a ton of waterfalls. We messed around most of the day, then beached the boat and hiked up one of the more accessible falls (she has a thing for waterfalls) and I popped the question very close to the top. We spent the night in Clemson (where we met in school).

I was able to maintain a bit of a surprise factor because we were in town for her to take a test for her speech certification, so she thought I was taking the boat just for the hell of it and didn't know that we had hotel reservations in town.

Old 07-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #18
CoalCracker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 35

She was sick with a cold and I had some things I had to do after work. So on the way home I picked up some Chinese. I had previously purchased a giant fortune cookie dipped in dark chocolate and heart sprinkles. I tied the ring to the package. After we were done dinner I presented the cookie. She didn't even see the ring until she looked at the cookie again. Then she opened the cookie and there was a fortune in there that said "I am so fortunate to have you in my life, will you marry me?" We will be getting married this May!

coalcrackerbrewing.blogspot.com
Vintage Kegerator Build
1 BBL Tippy Dump

Old 07-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #19
lschiavo
Drinks Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 742 Times on 492 Posts
Likes Given: 510

I took her to a beach at the end of the world...it's not far from here; less than a hundred miles away on Lake Superior.

I proposed, she accepted, we cried, we drank an old (lousy) bottle of champagne and then a massive thunderstorm rolled in... Still one of my best days ever.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:49 AM   #20
jarrodaden
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I had a buddy who made fireworks as a hobby. He helped me make a "marry me" sign out of fireworks. She wasn't at all prepared for the sudden pop and flash of light. It scared her at first.

I have since divorced. For that I just let a lawyer tell her.

Quick Reply