The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Pissed off

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #11
speedyG
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

I hate sales again. After getting laid off as a police officer, I miss it so much.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 04:36 AM   #12
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I work in sales. I have been told I am the highest paid sales rep with the company, (most quit), and my largest customer lost their biggest customer. I went from my normal salary to 45% of my salary since the customer lost their's. Now I am eating used raman noodles and bathing in lakes. They won't put me on another payplan since I make too much money as it is. The funny thing is, they make .97 on every dollar of profit they get and they are whining about my .03- greedy bastards.

Oh well, thought I would vent. I asked my boss to fire me and she wouldn't. I need some options.

On Edit. I am serious.

Last edited by onthekeg; 10-16-2012 at 04:37 AM. Reason: For clarification.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:06 PM   #13
headbanger
Fast Loud Death
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 536 Times on 359 Posts
Likes Given: 1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthekeg View Post
I work in sales. I have been told I am the highest paid sales rep with the company, (most quit), and my largest customer lost their biggest customer. I went from my normal salary to 45% of my salary since the customer lost their's. Now I am eating used raman noodles and bathing in lakes. They won't put me on another payplan since I make too much money as it is. The funny thing is, they make .97 on every dollar of profit they get and they are whining about my .03- greedy bastards.

Oh well, thought I would vent. I asked my boss to fire me and she wouldn't. I need some options.

On Edit. I am serious.
It's not that hard to get fired, all you have to do is start making insensitive remarks and promoting documentaries like Murder By Proxy: How America Went Postal around the office. Or you could just stop showing up, or keep showing up but just don't do anything which is the most enjoyable way to go IMHO.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #14
aygov
Recipes 

Liked 103 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
I work for a "not-for-profit company" that seems to care about nothing more than the bottom line.
I was in the same situation. I was a sys admin at a credit union which is supposed to be not-for-profit. Unfortunately it was ran more like a bank than a credit union. A new CEO came in, fired/ran off all the high earners in most of the departments, promoted people to those positions making more than they did previously but not near as much as the person they were replacing. Profit.

When I asked for a raise since I had taken on part of my previous manager's tasks I was given the run around until I stopped asking. We'd constantly hear in staff meetings how well we were doing and how profitable the credit union was, but did any of these profits trickle down? Nope. They went into exec bonuses and board yearly meetings in Las Vegas...

The straw that broke the camel's back was when they started bandying about out-sourcing part of our responsibilities. When my current manager confronted them about what would happen to us, he was told not to worry because they would keep us on in "some capacity". Some capacity would mean basically anything they needed us to do...

Me and my other co-worked fled shortly after this announcement. The manager who was left just put his 2-weeks in last week. They are supposed to be prepping to absorb a smaller credit union in the next month or so which is a very large all-hands on deck task requiring some IT skill. Now the only IT staff they have is some guy they hired after I left that can barely do desktop support let alone server level stuff. I hope they choke...

Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2991 Times on 2945 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aygov View Post
We'd constantly hear in staff meetings how well we were doing and how profitable the credit union was, but did any of these profits trickle down? Nope. They went into exec bonuses and board yearly meetings in Las Vegas...
Yup, we hear the same thing. It is constantly that we are breaking monthly/quarterly/annual sales records and mako record profits yet we see less and less of it every year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 10-16-2012, 05:45 PM   #16
landshark
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 24

If you don't like your jobs, find a new one. If you don't enjoy your career, change it. Nothing worse than going through like hating what you have to do every day.

Too much whining here.

You could just not do anything, come in late, leave early. Management material right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 10-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #17
aygov
Recipes 

Liked 103 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
If you don't like your jobs, find a new one. If you don't enjoy your career, change it. Nothing worse than going through like hating what you have to do every day.

Too much whining here.

You could just not do anything, come in late, leave early. Management material right there.
Indeed, how dare someone have the audacity to complain about their job.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4604 Times on 4299 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:

Too much whining here.

Easier said than done when better jobs are in limited stock, and many careers now require more specific education.

Old 10-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2991 Times on 2945 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:

Too much whining here.

Ha! When was the last time you looked for something new?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 10-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #20
onthekeg
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:

Too much whining here.

I work out of my home, so I already pretty much do that. Hmm, I'll give myself a raise and quit for the week.

Quick Reply