The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Pipe smoking, a lost art.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #521
jancan123
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 14
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

Thanks for the kind consideration to hide your pipe behind your back... some pipe tobacco does smell really nice! I pretty much can tell when someone's smoking a pipe or cigar. I am used to cigars and pipe in the past. Thanks!

__________________
jancan123 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #522
jancan123
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 14
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default

On another note... I've been living with a Navy man that calls for lots of drinking (all types, beer included), cigar smoking and pipe tobacco... definately exposed and used to it.

__________________
jancan123 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #523
Genuine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Putnam, CT
Posts: 363
Liked 51 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Been enjoying some carter hall as of late

__________________
Petey Photography CT Beer Trail
Genuine is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #524
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oblivion
Posts: 46,864
Liked 4604 Times on 4299 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default

Having myself a touch of buyers remorse. Took delivery of the rather large order of tabacco I recently placed. All very good stuff.

In light of my continued attempt to quit smoking cigarettes I find myself at odds with my pipes too.

__________________
GilaMinumBeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #525
Ace_Club
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ace_Club's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 35,176
Liked 1512 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 52719

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer
Having myself a touch of buyers remorse. Took delivery of the rather large order of tabacco I recently placed. All very good stuff.

In light of my continued attempt to quit smoking cigarettes I find myself at odds with my pipes too.
Ship it to me. I'll dispose of it properly.
__________________

"If guns don't kill people, why do we give people guns when they go to war? Why not just send the people?" - Ozzy Osbourne

Sent from my iPhone 4s.

Canon T2i | EF-S 18-55mm | EF 28mm 1.8 | EF 50mm 1.8 | EF-S 55-250mm

3 whipped dog straights, Gillette Ball End Tech, 1959 Gillette Fat Boy

Secondary: Strawberry Melomel

Ace_Club is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #526
jeepinjeepin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Winston-Salem, NC
Posts: 6,391
Liked 1043 Times on 1022 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Club

Ship it to me. I'll dispose of it properly.
Take delivery. Split it up. Send me a sampler.
__________________

Walmart is about the only reason for open or concealed carry that I can get behind. -Randar

jeepinjeepin is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #527
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oblivion
Posts: 46,864
Liked 4604 Times on 4299 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default

Considering that. I'm really surprised at how many of these blends have the same look and tin aroma as Balkan Sasieni, a great smoke, but has a very acrid tin aroma.

4 of the tins I ordered were on backorder. After repackaging the ones I got last night, I cancelled the back order. Gonna take me forever to smoke all this.

__________________
GilaMinumBeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #528
Bensiff
Mind Your Business
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bensiff's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: , Washington, the state
Posts: 4,402
Liked 293 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
Considering that. I'm really surprised at how many of these blends have the same look and tin aroma as Balkan Sasieni, a great smoke, but has a very acrid tin aroma.

4 of the tins I ordered were on backorder. After repackaging the ones I got last night, I cancelled the back order. Gonna take me forever to smoke all this.
That's just the danger with this kind of stuff, you order and then it arrives and you have that holy crap moment...its like dealing with CBid, you innocently go on to pick up a 5 pack of AF Hemingways and the following week you end up with a shipment of 30 sticks. The good thing with sticks and leaf is that they are happy to sit and age for years if you are slow to get to them .
__________________
Bensiff is offline
NordeastBrewer77 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 03:11 AM   #529
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dan's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Makakilo, Hawaii
Posts: 5,892
Liked 1821 Times on 1121 Posts
Likes Given: 2618

Default

Rant on

I don't want to sound like an A$$ but probably will.

For me, I don't need a whole lot of variety once I find something I like.

That's the same with pretty much anything in life.

In regards to this HBT thread and the forum in general. I have my favorites, most people do. We all have two or three pipe tobaccos, 2-3 beer types, same for steak, engine oil, and power saws and anything else for that matter. I seem too always go back to one consistently. Not all the time but enough to make it the old comfortable one.

Doesn't mean the others are not good. I just have my favorites. To each their own.

PS... This is a rant, do what you want. It's what I do...

Rant off

__________________

Last edited by Dan; 10-31-2012 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Edit: Holy crap! To many samples of my first big beer!
Dan is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #530
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oblivion
Posts: 46,864
Liked 4604 Times on 4299 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Rant on

I don't want to sound like an A$$ but probably will.

For me, I don't need a whole lot of variety once I find something I like.

That's the same with pretty much anything in life.

In regards to this HBT thread and the forum in general. I have my favorites, most people do. We all have two or three pipe tobaccos, 2-3 beer types, same for steak, engine oil, and power saws and anything else for that matter. I seem too always go back to one consistently. Not all the time but enough to make it the old comfortable one.

Doesn't mean the others are not good. I just have my favorites. To each their own.

PS... This is a rant, do what you want. It's what I do...

Rant off
Curiosity gets the best of me. I want to try them all before I settle myself on a select few. I tend to be very selective, yet, never backing away from something new.
__________________
GilaMinumBeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Want to Start Smoking Pipe Tobacco Doc Robinson General Chit Chat 27 11-16-2012 02:00 PM
First Day Quitting Smoking pizzaman General Chit Chat 24 04-28-2009 09:01 PM
Smoking and Hangovers Chris_Dog General Chit Chat 1 01-27-2008 04:43 PM
IPAs & smoking LostDakota General Chit Chat 3 01-19-2008 12:23 AM
Hookah Smoking ghostofdavid General Chit Chat 14 12-05-2007 03:21 AM