Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Pints For Prostates...
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
homebrewer_99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
homebrewer_99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Posts: 17,951
Liked 85 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Pints For Prostates...

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/10/30...tes/index.html

Consider this a Public Service Announcement...
__________________
HB Bill
homebrewer_99 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 43,135
Liked 2779 Times on 2727 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default

I know you're not supposed to get screened till 50 or 40, but what's to stop a 20 or 30 something from getting it??

__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo
IrregularPulse is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #3
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oblivion
Posts: 48,052
Liked 4820 Times on 4425 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I know you're not supposed to get screened till 50 or 40, but what's to stop a 20 or 30 something from getting it??
A finger in your bunghole isn't enough reason to wait? Otherwise, unless you have a strong family history of prostate cancer/issues you aren't the demographic at higher risk.

Back on topic: I certainly hope there is a disclaimer on the bottle instructing that the bottle itself should not be used for a self exam. You know some fool wiil go there and it will go horribly wrong.
__________________

GilaMinumBeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 43,135
Liked 2779 Times on 2727 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
A finger in your bunghole isn't enough reason to wait? Otherwise, unless you have a strong family history of prostate cancer/issues you aren't the demographic at higher risk.

Back on topic: I certainly hope there is a disclaimer on the bottle instructing that the bottle itself should not be used for a self exam. You know some fool wiil go there and it will go horribly wrong.
I know a finger in the bum would be uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortbale as cancer.

And yes,

*This bottle is not a prostate examiner*
__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo
IrregularPulse is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oblivion
Posts: 48,052
Liked 4820 Times on 4425 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I know a finger in the bum would be uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortbale as cancer.

And yes,

*This bottle is not a prostate examiner*
I went for physical and was preparred for the worst. Doc didn't even suggest going there. And I expressed my relief. he said "well, I can do the exame on you if you like but, I warn you, I play piano".

He further explained that post 40 has the highest occurence and that most of the issues are that machismo prevents most men from getting the exam at 40 thus obliterating any chance of early detection.

In fact, most of the guys I have known that had issues never had the exam until they had issues.
__________________
GilaMinumBeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #6
middleofnowhere
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Labrador City, NL, Canada
Posts: 614
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default

A friend of mine is going through the whole prostate cancer thing now and he is still in his 30's. But locally he is almost 20 years younger than the next prostate cancer patient.

__________________

I know nothing!

middleofnowhere is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
hamiltont
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere in the middle of Nebraska
Posts: 867
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

I lost my Dad to prostate cancer at the young age of 69. I have been getting a PSA & DRE every year since I was 40. So far so good. If you're over 50 & haven't been checked you're just rollin' the dice.

__________________

If Homebrew & BBQ aren't the answer, then you're askin' the wrong questions... Cheers!!!

hamiltont is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
Parker36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Lesotho
Posts: 4,776
Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
I went for physical and was preparred for the worst. Doc didn't even suggest going there. And I expressed my relief. he said "well, I can do the exame on you if you like but, I warn you, I play piano".

He further explained that post 40 has the highest occurence and that most of the issues are that machismo prevents most men from getting the exam at 40 thus obliterating any chance of early detection.

In fact, most of the guys I have known that had issues never had the exam until they had issues.
Moooon-River!
__________________
Parker36 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #9
homebrewer_99
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
homebrewer_99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Posts: 17,951
Liked 85 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I know a finger in the bum would be uncomfortable, but not as uncomfortbale as cancer.

And yes,

*This bottle is not a prostate examiner*
...and the schwincter is not a bottle opener...
__________________
HB Bill
homebrewer_99 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #10
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
GilaMinumBeer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oblivion
Posts: 48,052
Liked 4820 Times on 4425 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99 View Post
...and the schwincter is not a bottle opener...
Schwing!

that depends entirely on the species

__________________
GilaMinumBeer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pints to Lbs. Equiv. Hamish Extract Brewing 3 02-26-2007 06:02 AM