Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > part time job ideas for a college student

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
brkoerner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default part time job ideas for a college student

just looking for some ideas for a pt job that i can do to make roughly $100/wk that i can do out of my apt preferably. just looking for some extra income to mainly pay for my brewing addiction and a lil play money as well

im an Accounting/Finance dual major and pretty handy as well and like to make things.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
rhamilton
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 1

http://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/p...a19391409040c1

Basically Google uses people to fine tune their search results. Easy money if you can follow guidelines.

I think it averages out to around $12-$13 / hr and you can work at your own pace. Take it seriously though - if you don't do quality evaluations they will cut you quick.
Kegged: County Jail Pale Ale, AHS Anniv IPA, AHS Brooklyn Brown, Raspberry Wheat, Blood Orange Hefe, Ranger IPA clone (x2), Newcastle clone, AHS Irish Red, Centennial Blonde
Bottled: Session Series Belgian Saison, Apocalypso, Pecan Porter, DFH 90 Minute Clone, Apfelwein (x2), Wytchmaker Rye IPA Clone, Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH, Munich/Cascade SMaSH

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
DangerRoss
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Sell bodily fluids. I had a roommate in college who sold plasma twice a week for drinking money on the weekends.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
rhamilton
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerRoss View Post
Sell bodily fluids. I had a roommate in college who sold plasma twice a week for drinking money on the weekends.
Yea +1. Not my proudest time of my life but 1.5 hr twice a week for $25/$35 per session funded my catback exhaust on my Charger
Kegged: County Jail Pale Ale, AHS Anniv IPA, AHS Brooklyn Brown, Raspberry Wheat, Blood Orange Hefe, Ranger IPA clone (x2), Newcastle clone, AHS Irish Red, Centennial Blonde
Bottled: Session Series Belgian Saison, Apocalypso, Pecan Porter, DFH 90 Minute Clone, Apfelwein (x2), Wytchmaker Rye IPA Clone, Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH, Munich/Cascade SMaSH

Old 03-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 432 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 60

I had 3 different part time jobs when I was in college:

1. Security. Basically sit around in a office for late night hours and do walks around the building once an hour. -- got this my freshman year. They were eager to hire anyone willing to stay up until whatever time it was (4am? something like that) a couple times a week.

2. Lab computer admin. Got for the same reason..I worked graveyard the first year or so, then my hours improved substantially thereafter as the worker pool rotates every year.

3. Website designer/programmer. I got this as a fluke from a discussion with a local public organization that I had ties with. They were looking to establish a web presence, and knew I was a "computer guy" so they consulted me to do all the work.

I also took random consulting jobs through a friend who owned a computer services business, and occasionally needed someone with more advanced programming skills.

And I taught English while I was in Japan (and did other related work), but that doesn't really count.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #6
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 229 Times on 192 Posts

Handjobs.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
buckeyebrewer

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Handjobs.....that's funny s@*t

-----------------------------------------------------
It's not a beer gut....I'm building a shed over my tool.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #8
gratus fermentatio
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 822 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 2234

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkoerner View Post
just looking for some ideas for a pt job that i can do to make roughly $100/wk that i can do out of my apt preferably. just looking for some extra income to mainly pay for my brewing addiction and a lil play money as well

im an Accounting/Finance dual major and pretty handy as well and like to make things.

Things to do in/from the apt eh? Phone sex, phone sales, sell stuff on ebay, pick up one of those YUDU home silk screening machines & make/sell custom tshirts, get the legal stuff squared away & you could make/sell cookies (spent grain?) or cupkakes, make a youtube channel with something that's popular enough so somebody (mainly youtube) wants to sell advertizing on it, etc...

If you are or can get certified for it, you could do taxes for others. Hey, here's an idea: Offer classes in homebrewing! For $20ea + materials your college pals can come over, use your equipment & learn to brew their own!

Regards, GF.

Quick Reply