Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Parking Enforcement, what a joke...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2013, 09:23 PM   #21
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

There are ways he could be making money off parking. One local restaurant had issues with people parking in their lot and then going to the local dive/cougar bar, to the point you couldn’t find a place to park. Now, they have an attendant and parking there is $20, which entitles you to a $20 gift certificate at the restaurant. I thought that was a pretty clever solution to the problem. If you use the $20 card that night or in the future they’ve made money off the spot. If you never use it, they’ve cleared the whole $20.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 431 Times on 352 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTheGreat View Post
Devil's Advocate here, but I'd be pretty pissed if everyone was parking in my lot to go somewhere else.

But I'd be pretty pissed if I were the OP too
On the other hand if you owned that parking lot then why not capitalize on it, hire an attendant, and charge people to park there?

Old 03-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #23
LovesIPA
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 201 Times on 152 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannyknot View Post
I was towed once. Parked legally on the street. Finally found the lot that had my car. Went down there and asked why, they said I was more than 12" from the curb, which was against the law. I asked them to prove it. They said "Prove you weren't. Now, we've got your car back here. You can pay the $90 or you can take it up with the DA in court 2 weeks from now".
"Did I receive a citation from a police officer? No? Then you stole my car."

Then I'd call the police.

Immature: A word boring people use to describe fun people

Varmintman Likes This 
Old 03-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #24
Varmintman
Recipes 

Liked 653 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesIPA View Post
"Did I receive a citation from a police officer? No? Then you stole my car."

Then I'd call the police.
Oh heck yes I would have done that.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #25
SpentGrains
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhem View Post
You are going to have a hard time disputing the charge if you signed for it and the parking company has record of your vehicle being written up for a parking violation.

Otherwise people could dispute their own grocery bills!
There was no written parking violation it was in a private lot. Simply writing to the credit card company that you were under duress and you felt threatened for your safety if you didn't pay should be enough to result in a chargeback. I would tell the truth, not pretend like I didn't sign it.

***I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.***

Coming from a previous retail job I can tell you as a matter of fact that people dispute grocery bills every day.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:38 AM   #26
naiek
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 708 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_c_zero View Post
Sorry, just needing to vent.

I parked in a parking lot of a restaurant last night and proceeded to go to a different establishment. Upon entering the establishment, they had a sign displayed stating that the owner of the other parking lot boots vehicles. I immediately turned around and went back to the lot to move my truck. I was gone a total of 3 minutes and there was a guy already there taking a boot out of the back of his car and walking over to my truck. I informed him that I was leaving and apologized for parking there. He told me it was too late and once I had walked away from my vehicle, he had the right to boot it. Long story short, reasoning with these people does not work and I had to pay $75 + tax to get it removed.

I'm sorry, but parking enforcement is not a real job. Parking enforcement people are the lowliest scum of the earth.
Was it a govt. employee booting it? If not I would have told him good luck getting it on with the car in motion

Crash makes an excellent point - HawksBrewer

Did he get the butthole etching done? - TowsonTiger22

Using TR as my litmus I at least know that I haven't hit rock bottom yet. - marubozo

Old 03-15-2013, 12:49 AM   #27
conneryis007
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiek View Post
good luck getting it on with the car in motion
This is exactly what I was thinking. Sure its a dick move, but he deserves it. With an empty lot an hour before closing he was being a predator!

As a side note I did something very similar to this when I came back to find a tow truck had just pulled up behind my car and blocked me it. He wouldn't budge so I drove over the curb and then grass to free myself! If its not a government employee then you dont have to listen to them!

Never underestimate how much assistance, how much satisfaction, how much comfort, how much soul and transcendence there might be in a well-made taco and a cold bottle of beer.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #28
turvis
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by conneryis007 View Post

This is exactly what I was thinking. Sure its a dick move, but he deserves it. With an empty lot an hour before closing he was being a predator!

As a side note I did something very similar to this when I came back to find a tow truck had just pulled up behind my car and blocked me it. He wouldn't budge so I drove over the curb and then grass to free myself! If its not a government employee then you dont have to listen to them!
That's why I am glad I have a truck no car in front of me later I am out.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:52 AM   #29
m_c_zero
Recipes 

Liked 122 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by conneryis007 View Post
Unfortunately for me I had a block wall in front of me and the parking enforcement vehicle blocking me in from behind and cars on both sides, otherwise I would have taken off. I've got an old lifted truck with 33's and 4x4. If I had an other option out, I would have taken it.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:54 AM   #30
m_c_zero
Recipes 

Liked 122 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiek View Post
Was it a govt. employee booting it? If not I would have told him good luck getting it on with the car in motion
It was not and I like your reasoning

Quick Reply