the other other other football league

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is your team name and who is the last player you drafted?

Last player was Round 5 - Fred Jackson

EDIT: Oops....no.....it was ROund 4 - Roddy White..........I did another draft last night....got confused.

I was in Round 5 getting ready to pick.......

Thats crazy, i didnt have one problem during the draft. When i looked back after the draft it showed two kickers but checked this morning and it was all fixed.

Last player was Round 5 - Fred Jackson

EDIT: Oops....no.....it was ROund 4 - Roddy White..........I did another draft last night....got confused.

I was in Round 5 getting ready to pick.......

Ok. So it seems like no one else had an issue with drafting, usually that means it was an issue with your connection and not the league. I've had it happen to me in other leagues, and it means your sol. Since there were two issues with yahoo yesterday I'll take blame, and offer you one player off of my roster. I am not going to do a redraft because I think that would be unfair and make people loose interest in the league. I think that we all want to play for beer from the ba list we can't get where we live so in an effort to keep the league fair and together so that can happen, I'll take the hit and sacrifice one if my players of choice to you. In round 5 I picked before you so you wouldn't have had access to my player even without the autodraft. So if you want take at look at my round 6 and on picks and choose one, offer me a trade, and I'll accept. Now to be fair to me, Id like to have my choice of your team just so I can try to rebalance my team. We should try to keep it close round for round so I don't lose a number 6 for a number ten pick.

What do you think of that? Would you consider that fair? My team name is thanksfformymuffintop, what was yours?

Ok. So it seems like no one else had an issue with drafting, usually that means it was an issue with your connection and not the league. I've had it happen to me in other leagues, and it means your sol. Since there were two issues with yahoo yesterday I'll take blame, and offer you one player off of my roster. I am not going to do a redraft because I think that would be unfair and make people loose interest in the league. I think that we all want to play for beer from the ba list we can't get where we live so in an effort to keep the league fair and together so that can happen, I'll take the hit and sacrifice one if my players of choice to you. In round 5 I picked before you so you wouldn't have had access to my player even without the autodraft. So if you want take at look at my round 6 and on picks and choose one, offer me a trade, and I'll accept. Now to be fair to me, Id like to have my choice of your team just so I can try to rebalance my team. We should try to keep it close round for round so I don't lose a number 6 for a number ten pick.

What do you think of that? Would you consider that fair? My team name is thanksfformymuffintop, what was yours?

If no one else had any problems, then it was on my end. My wife was on the internet at the same time and she never lost connection to what she was doing....but that is not to say it can't and didn't happen to me.

I will live with it. The remainder of the draft wasn't ideal, but I make the best out of it. I hope the winner will enjoy my beer :).

I appreciate your offer, very generous.

Hey would you guys mind posting or pm me your name in fantasy, so I can edit the first post and we can easily see who is who.
Thanks.

OK, so the first post is updated with hbt names and fantasy names if you need the reference. If you didn't post your name, i don't have it, so a few I had to guess at.

By looking at the waiver wire activity from this morning, it looks like everyone wants to win some beer! i think this is shaping up to be the most competitive fantasy leagues I've ever played in. Does anyone have any questions or problems with the yahoo format so far? Good luck, and next time you're at the store don't forget the bubble wrap and peanuts so you can send me your bomber!

Should be a fun league. I kinda hate Yahoo's set up. But that's just because I'm used to ESPN. If I had a vote on future leagues I would rather go with ESPN or NFL. But its shaping up to be a good competitive year besides me getting my ass kicked the first week.

If only I had started Stafford over Wilson I'd be 1-0. But I went with my heart and not my head and here I am in the middle.

Taking offers on Adrian peterson. I already have Josh Gordon and I can't spend another roster spot on someone who is suspended till later in the year

Punity...
How happy are you foster stayed on my bench? Man, I need gronk to show up! Well, actually, I need Brady to show up.

Tomorrow starts round two of playoffs with the final four. Good luck to everyone still in it. I'm glad that txjayhawk made it through after having issues with the draft program. Congratulations grathan as well for making it this far playing for the first year. Thanks to all that played, it has been a fun season.

Bah this teams been terrible until the second half of the season Wtf? Haha

Well where are we sending the beer? Even though I didn't win anything at least I now have an excuse to go beer shopping.

Hi Everyone.

Thank you for a great fantasy year. Although I had some draft issues, the waiver wire proved to be kind to me.

My address is:

Greg Teemer
260 Dave Trail
Prosper, TX 75078

Thanks to all in this league!!

Greg, Let me know what you want from Asheville NC or a style, there are alot of great local new releases this time of year!

yeastmode (garybeer):mug:

Hi,

The Genesis Blonde sour from Wicked Weed looks good. Or Capricious.

:)

--Greg

Greg, Let me know what you want from Asheville NC or a style, there are alot of great local new releases this time of year!

yeastmode (garybeer):mug:

Greg,
What are your favorite styles?
I'm in Belton and don't have great distro, but am going down to Austin in a couple of weeks...
ko

Favorite style is a tough one....I just like a good tasting beer. I do like a good Pils or Sour. If you're in Austin, Austin Beerworks has a Pils and then there is Jester King Brewery that has a number of sours/farmhouse ales...interesting ones would be Kollaborationsbier or Provenance - Tangerine & Clementine or Commercial Suicide.

Does that give you enough to go on?

Thanks!!!

Greg,
What are your favorite styles?
I'm in Belton and don't have great distro, but am going down to Austin in a couple of weeks...
ko

Hey Greg did you ever get everyone's beer? I heard one of the other leagues was having some issues and I checked this one but it doesn't seem to have been updated.

You'll be getting mine soon, had some busy months getting married and house buying is leaving me know time for beer. I guess its a love hate thing

Txjayhawk how are the beers?

I got an email to renew the league. I'd like to only invite those that sent beers, but we need txjayhawk to update us.

If he doesn't get back with us what did you guys send? I'd be interested to know what the pot had in it since I lost by three points or so. I sent him st Bernadus abt 12. I had fun and want to do it again this year, what about you guys?

I sent Lone Pint's Yellow Rose. You can never go wrong with Yellow Rose. They don't distribute outside of Houston because the brewery is so small, and it is one of the best IPAs I've ever had!

Beer is on the way! Sorry for the last minute style. Looking forward to hopefully another good fantasy year

Hey thanks for asking. I've been meaning to write in this thread to see how much interest there was. I would love to do it again. I thought we would only allow the people that sent beer to replay, but last years winner hasn't let us know who sent beer, so we can't pick who to play with. I think most people last year played to win, but it's not fair for everyone sending beer if we had some flakes. What do you guys suggest to do? Like I said I'm down to play again, I love the idea of betting beer!!

Back