Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > The other hobby I do that people think is odd... straight razors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #21
jgln
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 3

When I see those things I think of Floyd the Barber on Mayberry, more specifically the skit on Second City TV where he was always checking the artery chart behind the customers back while he attempted to shave them or should I say cut them.

I also shave my head and I am usually in too much of a hurry to be careful enough not to slice myself open. I actually get a lot of mileage from those disposable razors; I use them until they really don't cut the hairs anymore and just start to pull on them. But yeah, they are expensive.

But just wait until they come out with the Track 10!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 PM   #22
Bob
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Newly-converted straight-razor shaver here.

I stopped using disposable (cartridge or otherwise) razors five years ago and never looked back. I still use my 70-year-old safety razor when I'm too rushed; I'm afraid I'll take my nose off if I rush with a straight razor.

I'm also in it for the green, though a stronger pull is the old-fashioned nature of it. It's also relaxing while being very focusing. You have to focus to use a straight razor if you don't want to have bits of face in the sink. This is useful first thing in the AM; helps one get one's day into focus before hitting the office.

Also, don't try this after three cups of coffee.

Cheers!

Bob

Brewmaster
Fort Christian Brewpub
St Croix, US Virgin Islands

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply