Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Oregon Brewers Festival - Need a place to crash Thursday night

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
explosivebeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Oregon Brewers Festival - Need a place to crash Thursday night

This is an odd idea and possibly not the best one I've ever had. But I thought I'd at least throw it out there and see what happens.

My brother and I (22 and 30, respectively) are coming down from Seattle to Portland for the Oregon Brewers Festival. We were just planning on coming down early Friday, running around the festival, staying with some friends on Friday night, and heading back on Saturday since we have other obligations we can't get out of.

But now we're both free by noon on Thursday and thought we might head down early. Unfortunately none of our friends can put us up (put up with us?) Thursday night and most hotels are booked and/or very expensive.

We are not planning on having a loud, crazy, debaucherous night (unless our potential host is looking for that) but we will probably check out the festival, HUB, and grab some dinner.

I thought it would be fun to meet some homebrewers, trade some ideas, talk about beer in general, share some beers, and find a couch or floor to crash on.

I can bring some homebrews or other treasures from my collection in exchange. Let me know what you think.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."
-Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by explosivebeer; 02-12-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #2
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

People may feel a little more secure if you were a paid member of HBT.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:39 PM   #3
explosivebeer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orfy View Post
People may feel a little more secure if you were a paid member of HBT.
Thanks for moving this thread Orfy. I didn't really know where to put it.

I was thinking about becoming a paid member and probably will. For now, any prospective hosts will have to be satisfied with the info from my HBT post history and myspace.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."
-Abraham Lincoln

Old 07-23-2008, 06:07 PM   #4
Orpheus

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Sorry, I don't live in Oregon. But I'll put a plug in for ya, since you have good taste in music!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
explosivebeer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
Sorry, I don't live in Oregon. But I'll put a plug in for ya, since you have good taste in music!
Are you familiar with KEXP?? Or did you just look at my myspace page? Regardless, thanks for the compliment and plug.

-Abraham Lincoln

Quick Reply