The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > One of the Co-Founders of Bioware is Leaving to Make Homebrew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
AndrewD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvp1 View Post
A few websites mentioned homebrew, though he never did specifically. But I'd consider most homebrew to be a type of craft beer. I can't imagine that you'd be passionate about craft beer and not make beer yourself. That's like being passionate about food and not cooking.
There's a magazine I picked up in the grocery store the other day. I forget the name but it looked like a homebrewing mag, which surprised me. It might have even been called Craft Beer. Anyway, I perused it for a few minutes and there was not a single mention of homebrewing; it was about consuming craft beers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2012, 07:39 PM   #12
jvp1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

So I draw a distinction between being passionate about beer -- even craft beer -- and liking or enjoying or being passionate about drinking beer. I think using "passionate" as a synonym for "like" is a misuse of the word.

Primary: Cooper's Cerveza
Secondary:
Bottle conditioning:
Bottled: Altbier, Mr. Beer IPA, Dodging the Draught, JVP Thrilsner, Sweet Caroline Honey Ale, Stout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply