The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Oktoberfest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 01:41 PM   #1
seven77
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Oktoberfest

Just made final arrangements for Oktoberfest 2005 in Munich! Actually jutst tried booking a hotel, so I guess it'll be a few days before its completely final. Hope to see some fellow homebrewers there!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2005, 01:58 PM   #2
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I lived in Germany for 9 years.

I used to live in Augsburg (43 miles from Munich) and Altendorf by Bamberg (120 miles). We moved back to IL in Feb 04.

How much will you be paying for a room? Rooms in Munich are really expensive during the fest.

I've been to the Oktoberfest 12 times. I finally saw the opening day parade last year. Skip it if youare going that day. REASON: If you are not in a seat you will not be served. And unbelievable but true, seats fill up fast.

Are you adventurous? Do you speak German?

If you want I can arrange for you to get you a CHEAP room in a German farmhouse for 14-17 Euros (per night / per person / with breakfast (rolls, butter, jam and coffee)) if you're willing to drive a bit from Munich (40 miles) toward Garmisch (25 miles from). We stayed there for a weekend our last Oktoberfest and several times while we lived there when family came to visit because it's a day trip for all of crazy King Ludwig's castles.

Josef and Elizabeth Seemuller are really nice people and live in Kochel am See (Kochel by the lake). They probably have room. You can find them here:

http://www.kochel.de/unterkunft/Beileger_2005.pdf

They are #29.

Last edited by homebrewer_99; 06-09-2005 at 02:08 PM.

Old 06-09-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
seven77
Recipes 

Well, thanks 99. I'll keep that in mind and mention it to my traveling compadre. Currently I am waiting for a reservation confirmation from the NH Munchen Deutscher Kaiser... the Eden Hotel Wolf is our second choice. Both hotels are a little over 1K from the park. (stumbling distance ) However, if this falls through I'll try and contact the Seemuller's early. Thanks again!

I am adventurous, but don't speak much German. I usually get by fine when in foreign countries though, so I'm not too worried about any language barriers.

Quick Reply