Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Ok....ROKU!!!!! fire it up.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #21
SpentGrains
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbrewie View Post
True, but there are private channels like Plex that can do it. it does require software to be running on the system being streamed from, but this takes a negligible amount of resources. Works great for me.
+1 for Plex, also have it for iphone and android. I use this more than anything and was the main reason I got a Roku.
Also installed the Roku controller on my phone for when I'm too lazy to get up and find it.

I also buy lots of stuff from Amazon so Prime is worth it- I'm looking at plastic Ball jar lids and the food saver vaccuum sealer adapter for Ball jars, where else do you find that kind of stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
I guess if I bought movies or music in physical form I might use amazon more.
I keep an eye on Slickdeals for when Amazon credit pops up, and use them on already discounted albums or rentals. So far five albums and a few movie rentals on Amazon for $0.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #22
Brewskii
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 64 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpentGrains

+1 for Plex, also have it for iphone and android. I use this more than anything and was the main reason I got a Roku.
Also installed the Roku controller on my phone for when I'm too lazy to get up and find it.

I also buy lots of stuff from Amazon so Prime is worth it- I'm looking at plastic Ball jar lids and the food saver vaccuum sealer adapter for Ball jars, where else do you find that kind of stuff?

I keep an eye on Slickdeals for when Amazon credit pops up, and use them on already discounted albums or rentals. So far five albums and a few movie rentals on Amazon for $0.
I love the iPhone controller. I freak my kids out by changing the channels or pausing their shows while I'm "surfing".

It's nice too if you have more than one Roku you can switch back and forth. Only problem is you have to look at the buttons because you can't feel them on a phone screen.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 AM   #23
SharonaZamboni
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1377 Times on 1276 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I just got the Nas Banov Roku remote for my phone. I haven't used it yet, but it instantly connected with my Roku, and it has a keyboard option that should make searches much easier.
I also like that I won't have to point at the box.

Oh, so you're just gonna sit there drinkin beer from your keg, sh!ttin in the kitchen sink, and watching him work -Xaphoeous

I McDrunko and this beer is Amazing!- McBrewskie
cheezydemon3 Likes This 
Old 02-19-2013, 11:28 PM   #24
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1639 Times on 1233 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

Falling Skies on amazon is definitely holding my attention.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #25
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2728 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

I use Tune In a lot to stream radio stations. The NPR affliate I listen to most is not the Detroit one, but the one an hour away in Ann Arbor, and the terrestrial signal is crappy, and the Canadian Public Radio Station I also like is encroached by another station as well. So I just use the Roku for them instead.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply