Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Odd question concerning lymph nodes and home brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
bumpnzx3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Odd question concerning lymph nodes and home brew

Recently I have developed a swollen lymph node in my groin area. I've been married/with the same girl for nearly 4 years and only a couple other girls (all clean) prior to her- so I know it's not an issue of an STD. Cancer does not run in either side of my family. About a month or two ago I had bloodwork done (routine physical for work). Everything was normal. I'm not sick and I don't have any other issues that I am aware of. Is it possible that my last batch of beer could have had something happen to it? Some sort of yeast related infection? I know bacterial and viral infections can cause a swollen glands/lymph nodes- just curious if my beer could have done it. I just started drinking a different batch maybe a week or so before I noticed the lymph node. Any thoughts?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
weirdboy
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 432 Times on 353 Posts
Likes Given: 60

I seriously, seriously doubt it.

I would go see a doctor about it.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
hoppymonkey
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Ask about cat scratch fever if you have been exposed to a kitten recently. That can cause the swelling.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
bumpnzx3
Recipes 

I figured it was pretty far fetched to assume it was the beer- especially since it (the beer) looked/tasted fine when I bottled it and after it aged for a few months. It's just odd that I feel great- aside from this third nut (nowhere near that big- just being goofy) growing out of my thigh. I've already got a call into my Dr. Hopefully he can get me in pretty soon.

I do have a cat.....well, my wife has a cat (I hate cats). She (kitty) hasn't scratched or bitten me any more than usual lately. Ahh well- it's worth a shot. I will mention the cat and my home beer to the Dr- never hurts to have too much information.

My wife and I did do a cleanse for about a month. We finished with that about 2 weeks ago. It wasn't one of those goofy things you buy at WalMart. It was raw fruits/veggies for three weeks then adding a little protein in the last week (eggs, chicken, fish). We were taking suppliments, but my wife is a D.C.- so we were using pharm. grade- not OTC junk that's cut with who knows what. I read the ingredients on those- pretty much ground up odd plants/veggies. No chemicals aside from the caplets. I will mention that to the Dr. also.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:28 PM   #5
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That the problem with people trying to be TOO healthy...they become hypocondriacs in an instant...

I've never taken a vitamin and haven't taken vaccines for 20 years. My blood work (minerals and vitamins) have been right in the center of their catagory every time, every year.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:36 AM   #6
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Hmm... let me diagnose you. First I'll give you my qualifications: None.

Now, I'll give you my diagnosis: LET YOUR DOCTOR TELL YOU WHAT'S WRONG.

Now, give me your insurance card or just let me know what's up so I can bill the Fed for this one.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:37 AM   #7
buffalobrewer
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpnzx3 View Post

I do have a cat.....well, my wife has a cat (I hate cats). She (kitty) hasn't scratched or bitten me any more than usual lately. Ahh well- it's worth a shot. I will mention the cat and my home beer to the Dr- never hurts to have too much information.
I think he was referring to the ted nugent tune. sorry your kitty hasn't scratched more than usual....

Old 03-22-2010, 03:27 AM   #8
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

How large is it and are you sure it's a lymph node? Is it mobile or fixed? Where is it on your body? Most likely nothing but most definitely something to see the doc for.
Sometimes people become self aware of things that have been present for years.... this dosen't seem to be the case but something to think about.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:22 PM   #9
bumpnzx3
Recipes 

Maybe he was joking about the cat scratch, maybe not. However- cat scratch fever will make a lymph node swell.

I, as well as my wife (a DC) are pretty sure it's a lymph node- up high, on my inner thigh. She is also thinking it's possibly a femoral hernia. I read up on it a little- the type of pain and area that would happen in is correct. However, that rarely happens in men- usually women. It's pretty well fixed. You can move it to one side or the other by pressing on the edge. Maybe 1.5"x.75". I am waiting on a return call from my Dr. I called yesterday and left a voicemail on the office machine requesting an appointment. I guess I shall wait and see what the Dr. says.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:05 PM   #10
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1814 Times on 589 Posts
Likes Given: 877

A couple years ago I had a massive one in my neck cut out. Doctor said I got sick and it just got stuck in that state. Tested it for a cancer but none.

My Instagram

Quick Reply