Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Nothing like a fun day at the amusement park

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 01:11 AM   #11
Rick_R
Still Love Fried Chicken
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

The other thing I have to wonder is, seeing how they were exiting a "popular . . . amusement park" -- how many folks just watched it happen and hurried the other way?

Rick

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2008, 01:24 AM   #12
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 543 Times on 415 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_R View Post
The other thing I have to wonder is, seeing how they were exiting a "popular . . . amusement park" -- how many folks just watched it happen and hurried the other way?

Rick
To be fair, there were at least 8 of them. Given a situation like that you would have to take a look around first and see who is likely to join you. It is easy to imagine the scene as you would like it to turn out, but indecision would usually rule in a situation like that. Everyone else would be thinking, "Well, I'll help if that other guy does".... It's not always that easy to stir up a mob mentality, especially in an amusment park, I would think. How many people would be the first to get stuck in against 8 of them, then how many would go second knowing that they would need a good few more?

Old 07-20-2008, 01:36 AM   #13
PeteOz77

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I have to say that I am a bit surprised at the lack of intervention from bystanders. I am from that area originally, and it's pretty well stocked with big, corn fed farm boys that aren't really into taking sh!t from anyone.

Apparently one woman opened her mouth and told them to stop.. and got punched in the face.

Keep in mind that it was midnight, and very dark. I would not have jumped in without at least 5-6 of my mates either. Although I might have a different opinion of I had a baseball bat in my hand....

Old 07-20-2008, 01:47 AM   #14
Jonnio

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That is disgusting. Another reason why I think the CCW laws need to open up more. Even if the guy had a permit carrying in most major amusement parks isn't legal (it does depend on the state, but that's the trend) so he might not have been able to be armed anyway.

Stories like this are proof, the police aren't there to protect you, they are there to clean up the mess afterwards.

------------------------------------------------
Official member of HBAMAP (Home Brewers Against Murder and Pedophilia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Then that means dumping your beer because you think it's bad is tantamount to abortion! And as Big Kahuna says, drinking a beer too soon is tatamount to beer pedophilia...

Old 07-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #15
Rick_R
Still Love Fried Chicken

Recipes 

Quote:
To be fair, there were at least 8 of them.
True. Sitting here at home it's a lot easier to throw rocks at folks for not jumping in to help. And, now that I think about it, a lot of the men passing by would have been with families; first thought in seeing eight guys jump somebody like that would probably be to get their own family out of there rather than help the poor guy out. I imagine it would be my first thought.

Rick

Old 07-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #16
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 273 Times on 141 Posts
Likes Given: 7

This is why it is a good idea to carry a very sharp pocket knife like a Spyderco Delica.

One in each pocket works nicely and training on how to use it properly is even better.

Quick Reply