Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2012, 05:00 AM   #841
WildGingerBrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1959 Times on 1928 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I sure to hope to hell the Angels arent in that group! But, even as big a Ranger fan as i am, dont count Oak out for the division yet! Rangers have to win one of three but its gonna be a tough series! Sea will probably be no help in keeping the Angels down, but i can hope!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2012, 05:40 AM   #842
iaefebs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGingerBrewing View Post
I sure to hope to hell the Angels arent in that group! But, even as big a Ranger fan as i am, dont count Oak out for the division yet! Rangers have to win one of three but its gonna be a tough series! Sea will probably be no help in keeping the Angels down, but i can hope!
I'm not counting out the A's from winning the division. Can you imagine a scenario where Texas and the Yanks will be playing in the wild card game...

Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 AM   #843
iaefebs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Sorry passedpawn, but it's over. The A's won. Which eliminated the Ray's. Better luck next year, now drown your sorrows. Say ... Go Rays 2013... Lets have some fun...Root for the A's to sweep Texas, The Yanks to lose the next two, Orioles win the next two (against the Rays unfortunately) to win the division, and look for a wild card game between the Rangers and Yankees. Both would be 93 game winners. That would be epic.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #844
WildGingerBrewing

Recipes 

Please don't let this scenario happen! What a heartbreak to lead the division from the first day to the last day and then NOT make the playoffs. I can't even imagine how effed up that would be, I pray that Boston gets their **** together and beats the Yanks tonight. And that Texas can pull out 2 more. That's my perfect scenario. Unfortunately, I think the Yanks beat Boston, Texas wins tonight, but the A's probably win tomorrow night. Which give Texas and NY 94 wins and the A's 93. If Baltimore beats Tampa the that makes the Bal and Oak tied with 93. So what happens then? Bal and Oak play for playoff and Texas, Det and NY win their divisions right?

Old 10-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #845
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3683 Times on 2268 Posts
Likes Given: 3186

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
Sorry passedpawn, but it's over. The A's won. Which eliminated the Ray's. Better luck next year, now drown your sorrows. Say ... Go Rays 2013... Lets have some fun...Root for the A's to sweep Texas, The Yanks to lose the next two, Orioles win the next two (against the Rays unfortunately) to win the division, and look for a wild card game between the Rangers and Yankees. Both would be 93 game winners. That would be epic.
Wow, I had no idea that could happen. I can't root for the Rays to lose, just can't do it, but I'd love to see that scenario play out that you mention there.

Congrats to Tiger fans. Their team deserves to be where they are. Cabrera is an MVP for sure.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #846
iaefebs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Please don't let this scenario happen! What a heartbreak to lead the division from the first day to the last day and then NOT make the playoffs. I can't even imagine how effed up that would be, I pray that Boston gets their **** together and beats the Yanks tonight. And that Texas can pull out 2 more. That's my perfect scenario. Unfortunately, I think the Yanks beat Boston, Texas wins tonight, but the A's probably win tomorrow night. Which give Texas and NY 94 wins and the A's 93. If Baltimore beats Tampa the that makes the Bal and Oak tied with 93. So what happens then? Bal and Oak play for playoff and Texas, Det and NY win their divisions right?
Pretty crazy with 2 games left to play. I know that the Tigers are hosting the first two games against someone. In your scenario, Orioles and A's will play the wild card. Whoever wins will play at home against the Yankees starting Sunday, and Texas will play Tigers in Detroit starting Saturday.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:11 PM   #847
WildGingerBrewing

Recipes 

Let's say that the 5 teams in the playoffs all split the next two games. This puts TX and NY tied for first with 94 wins, Bal and Oak tied with 93 wins and Det with 88 wins. Bal and Oak would have a one game playoff for the wild card spot, right? Would TX and NY then have a one game playoff for the #1 seed?

Old 10-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #848
iaefebs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Let's say that the 5 teams in the playoffs all split the next two games. This puts TX and NY tied for first with 94 wins, Bal and Oak tied with 93 wins and Det with 88 wins. Bal and Oak would have a one game playoff for the wild card spot, right? Would TX and NY then have a one game playoff for the #1 seed?
Detroit is in, no question. BAL OAK play Friday for wild card. TX NY if tied, the #1 goes to NY based on head to head during regular season. NY won regular season series 4 games to 3.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #849
WildGingerBrewing

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
Detroit is in, no question. BAL OAK play Friday for wild card. TX NY if tied, the #1 goes to NY based on head to head during regular season. NY won regular season series 4 games to 3.
This makes more sense, but for some reason I was thinking there would have to be a playoff for the #1 seed. And if TX doesn't win at least one of these games with OAK, it will be us playing in the playoff for the wild card. Tonight is their best chance. Harrison is on the mound and he has been money all year. Dempster pitches tomorrow and I'm still on the fence about him. At times he has been great and other he sucked goat balls.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #850
iaefebs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
This makes more sense, but for some reason I was thinking there would have to be a playoff for the #1 seed. And if TX doesn't win at least one of these games with OAK, it will be us playing in the playoff for the wild card. Tonight is their best chance. Harrison is on the mound and he has been money all year. Dempster pitches tomorrow and I'm still on the fence about him. At times he has been great and other he sucked goat balls.
This stuff is stressful for us. I can't imagine how the players can handle it. One Bill Buckner moment and no matter what you did your whole career. You will be remembered for 1 play.

Quick Reply