Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #791
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 19,221
Liked 3470 Times on 2148 Posts
Likes Given: 2982

Default

Rays fans have been hiding in June for good reason.

__________________
Hey goomba I love how you dance the rumba
But take some advice paisano learn-a how to mambo
If you're gonna be a square you ain't-a gonna go anywhere.
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #792
iaefebs
Registered User
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Coast, MI
Posts: 2,663
Liked 242 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Rays fans have been hiding in June for good reason.
Yeah that was another low turnout last night. Tigers have been playing in front of near capacity crowds, averaging over 35,000 even on the road. Fans traveled to Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh. Texas had over 35,000. They announced 20,000 last night but it sure didn't look like that many.

I don't know the good reason fans are hiding. They have a good club, they just are in a tough division. The Tigers would be 9 1/2 games behind if they played in the East. Maybe more.
__________________
iaefebs is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #793
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 19,221
Liked 3470 Times on 2148 Posts
Likes Given: 2982

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
Yeah that was another low turnout last night. Tigers have been playing in front of near capacity crowds, averaging over 35,000 even on the road. Fans traveled to Chicago, Cleveland, Pittsburgh. Texas had over 35,000. They announced 20,000 last night but it sure didn't look like that many.

I don't know the good reason fans are hiding. They have a good club, they just are in a tough division. The Tigers would be 9 1/2 games behind if they played in the East. Maybe more.
Don't get me wrong, I'm watching every game. Not too much bragging to do these days though.

Regarding fan turnout, I can't understand why anyone ever cares about that. I prefer going when the place is empty (i.e., I never go when Boston or NY is in town). Yea, maybe they'll get moved due to turnout, but why would fans from another state care about that?
__________________
Hey goomba I love how you dance the rumba
But take some advice paisano learn-a how to mambo
If you're gonna be a square you ain't-a gonna go anywhere.
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #794
sr20steve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Discovery Bay, Ca
Posts: 103
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Giants haven't allowed a run in 4 games, they are just amazing right now. Cain takes the hill tonight too, gonna be a good one. HUUMBABY! GO GIANTS!!

__________________
sr20steve is offline
scrambledegg81 Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #795
sr20steve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Discovery Bay, Ca
Posts: 103
Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm watching every game. Not too much bragging to do these days though.

Regarding fan turnout, I can't understand why anyone ever cares about that. I prefer going when the place is empty (i.e., I never go when Boston or NY is in town). Yea, maybe they'll get moved due to turnout, but why would fans from another state care about that?
Fan turnout is extremely important, for one that means revenue for the team and that means better players. Also if you use AT&T park for example, it's been stated over and over that the players feed off of the crowd energy so that has to mean something.
__________________
sr20steve is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #796
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 19,221
Liked 3470 Times on 2148 Posts
Likes Given: 2982

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20steve View Post
Fan turnout is extremely important, for one that means revenue for the team and that means better players. Also if you use AT&T park for example, it's been stated over and over that the players feed off of the crowd energy so that has to mean something.
I asked why it is important to someone who is not a fan of the Rays.
__________________
Hey goomba I love how you dance the rumba
But take some advice paisano learn-a how to mambo
If you're gonna be a square you ain't-a gonna go anywhere.
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #797
iaefebs
Registered User
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Coast, MI
Posts: 2,663
Liked 242 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I asked why it is important to someone who is not a fan of the Rays.
Well, I am a fan of the Ray's. I always look forward to the games when The Tigers play them. I'm looking forward to tonight's game.. Two great pitchers, head to head. I just wish the team had more support. I like when they win the division. A huge cheering crowd is always worth a couple wins a year.
__________________
iaefebs is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #798
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 19,221
Liked 3470 Times on 2148 Posts
Likes Given: 2982

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
Well, I am a fan of the Ray's. I always look forward to the games when The Tigers play them. I'm looking forward to tonight's game.. Two great pitchers, head to head. I just wish the team had more support. I like when they win the division. A huge cheering crowd is always worth a couple wins a year.
Hopefully tonight will be a great game. Our team is so decimated, but with the pitchers tonight I'm hoping our ineptitude at the plate and little league defense won't be a factor.

You better keep Cabrera healthy. That guy anchors your offense. And Jackson.
__________________
Hey goomba I love how you dance the rumba
But take some advice paisano learn-a how to mambo
If you're gonna be a square you ain't-a gonna go anywhere.
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 03:40 AM   #799
iaefebs
Registered User
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: West Coast, MI
Posts: 2,663
Liked 242 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Hopefully tonight will be a great game. Our team is so decimated, but with the pitchers tonight I'm hoping our ineptitude at the plate and little league defense won't be a factor.

You better keep Cabrera healthy. That guy anchors your offense. And Jackson.
Cabrera is an absolute stud. I hope he does stay healthy. I dreaded the day we signed Cecil's kid (Prince). I think the Tigers are going to pay for that mistake for years to come. But ya know, I've been a fan all my life. I'm used to waiting a decade or so for that magical year. Oh, and just having gone through Texas again.. I remain convinced they are the best team in baseball. That is a team of studs. No one else need apply.
__________________
iaefebs is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #800
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
passedpawn's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Posts: 19,221
Liked 3470 Times on 2148 Posts
Likes Given: 2982

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaefebs View Post
Cabrera is an absolute stud. I hope he does stay healthy. I dreaded the day we signed Cecil's kid (Prince). I think the Tigers are going to pay for that mistake for years to come. But ya know, I've been a fan all my life. I'm used to waiting a decade or so for that magical year. Oh, and just having gone through Texas again.. I remain convinced they are the best team in baseball. That is a team of studs. No one else need apply.
Well, Cabrera gets a lot better pitches with the prince behind him. I'm not a fan of fattys on the diamond though, even at first.

Yea, TX is a great team. They took us out in the playoffs last year, and this year have hammered us pretty good (so have you guys). Man, TX have some big hitters.
__________________
Hey goomba I love how you dance the rumba
But take some advice paisano learn-a how to mambo
If you're gonna be a square you ain't-a gonna go anywhere.
passedpawn is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting back into baseball Cubslover General Chit Chat 16 03-07-2012 12:07 AM
Fans of baseball, even bad baseball ... shecky General Chit Chat 8 08-14-2008 02:29 AM
baseball cards BrewBrain General Chit Chat 16 07-30-2008 09:03 AM
If you like baseball, you'll LOVE X-TREME Baseball!! rdwj General Chit Chat 12 05-09-2007 08:09 PM
Baseball--AL or NL? Dude General Chit Chat 54 04-24-2007 12:11 PM