Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scheduling worked out great for MLB.... sarcasm... Let's have the game in Texas start at 2:30 and start a game in NY at 8:30....for nothing other than TV ratings How is this rain delay working for your rating's? the only positive is that Verlander may be able to go in game 4 and since Sabbathia was going anyway they should both be fresh.

game cancelled....they will start tomorrow at the bottom of the second... no off day...Hmmm I like our chances for tomorrow with Fister but need time to think about the rest of the schedule

I F'ing hate when they have games start so late just for ratings. If that game would have started at 7:05, at the rate they were going, they might have gotten most of it in. Ridiculous. And tomorrow... same time!

This really changes everything in my mind. I'm guessing the two aces will start game 2 in NY, but if they go in Game 3 it changes everything.

Loved the "not many teams would pitch to Fielder in this situation" commentary and next pitch. Homer!

I have to admit that damn rookie was really good yesterday. And our ace was terrible. I had great seats to the game and a really good time, but 9-0 in game 1 is hard to swallow! Go Rangers!

WildGingerBrewing said:
I have to admit that damn rookie was really good yesterday. And our ace was terrible. I had great seats to the game and a really good time, but 9-0 in game 1 is hard to swallow! Go Rangers!

I thought it was pretty shrewd to put him in. Ranger hitters didn't know him, and he gives the rest of the staff a chance to catch their breath

Ugh... I would have loved a Yankees comeback with that last minute fire. Oh well. I guess I have to root for two losses anyway since my tickets are for game 5...

I about had a heart attack in the bottom of the 9th. I was actually hoping Valverde would come into the game in a save situation. I was OK with the Granderson HR, because that made it a 3 run game and a save situation. When Detroit scored in the 9th to make it a 4 run lead I had a bad feeling. Don't know what it is but the big potato has more trouble with a non save game.

Just found this thread, glad to see so many baseball lovers here. I must say that the Braves meltdown was heartbreaking for me. Thank god for the Red Sox, they kept us from having the worst meltdown in baseball history, as well as off of ESPN for the most part. Now I'm pulling for the Red Birds. I hate the phillies with a passion, and I haven't liked the Yankees since they decided that they would buy championships. Unfortunately, a few teams have taken that approach in todays game (Philly, Bosox, Yanks)

I can't wait for next year. Atlanta has the best pitching staff potential, by far. If we can shake this injury bug, we will be the heavy favorites.

Until then, Go Cardinals!

Just found this thread, glad to see so many baseball lovers here. I must say that the Braves meltdown was heartbreaking for me. Thank god for the Red Sox, they kept us from having the worst meltdown in baseball history, as well as off of ESPN for the most part. Now I'm pulling for the Red Birds. I hate the phillies with a passion, and I haven't liked the Yankees since they decided that they would buy championships. Unfortunately, a few teams have taken that approach in todays game (Philly, Bosox, Yanks)

I can't wait for next year. Atlanta has the best pitching staff potential, by far. If we can shake this injury bug, we will be the heavy favorites.

I wish they had ordered some clutch hits with that money they spent to buy championships.

But, but, but, the Cardinals? Really? What 's wrong with the Brewers?????

Seriously. How can ANYONE root for a Larussa-managed team???? Watching him on MLB network right now. He has got to be the biggest whiniest crybaby ever.

You all should root for your own team 1st and then the Brewers since you're hobby is, uhm Brewing?

:tank: :mug:

I would love to meat the Cards in the CS... so long as we win. I don't think I could stomach losing to LaRussa and the rest of those smug little b@tches. The are the only team I really dislike... a lot.

Back