Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Not-So-Obnoxious Baseball Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #111
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bernie Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eldorado, WI
Posts: 7,539
Liked 109 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
The Pirates are in first place. AAAAHAHAHAHAHA! The NL Central SUCKS!
Pirates are looking pretty darned good
__________________
I like to squeeze the nickle until the buffalo craps-mt rob

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett
Bernie Brewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #112
rjwhite41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Osceola, Iowa
Posts: 1,419
Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

If the Cardinals had a closer they'd have the best record in baseball. Yet another walk off loss last night.

__________________
rjwhite41 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #113
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dfc's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 3,038
Liked 196 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default

I could say the same thing about the Reds. Francisco Cordero gave the brewers 2 wins in 3 games due to blown saves. Most runs scored in the NL, but their pitching is atrocious.

__________________

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

dfc is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 08:55 PM   #114
Ty5592
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lansdale, PA
Posts: 154
Default

Just found this thread, great!! Phillies are doin' their thang. Also heard Brew Crew members talkin bout they are worried about Giants pitching staff the most....please! You gotta go through Philly to get the World series...know that!

__________________
Ty5592 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 09:06 PM   #115
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dfc's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 3,038
Liked 196 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty5592 View Post
Just found this thread, great!! Phillies are doin' their thang. Also heard Brew Crew members talkin bout they are worried about Giants pitching staff the most....please! You gotta go through Philly to get the World series...know that!
Another cocky Phillies fan. Most of you people were not around in 2007.

With that being said. Enjoy your recent success in baseball because with Reid at the helm the Eagles will never win anything.

The last time any of my favorite teams (not counting college) won anything was 21 years ago (1990 the Reds swept the A's). I guess my IBU's are high because of that.
__________________

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

dfc is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #116
Ty5592
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lansdale, PA
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Another cocky Phillies fan. Most of you people were not around in 2007.

With that being said. Enjoy your recent success in baseball because with Reid at the helm the Eagles will never win anything. The last time any of my favorite teams (not counting college) won anything was 21 years ago (1990 the Reds swept the A's).
Check the profile guy..I've been around long enough to endure losing seasons for all of our 4 major teams...If you are Cardinals fan, you can have Kevin Kolb...as long as you give us some good draft picks in return.
__________________
Ty5592 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 09:33 PM   #117
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dfc's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 3,038
Liked 196 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty5592 View Post
Check the profile guy..I've been around long enough to endure losing seasons for all of our 4 major teams...If you are Cardinals fan, you can have Kevin Kolb...as long as you give us some good draft picks in return.
Eff the Cards. I was here for the 2008 NFC Championship and their "fans" are d-bags. I almost got into two fights before the end of the first quarter because of idiots. The first of which because some d-bag poured beer on my wife. All because we were wearing green.

F Kolb, I agree the Cards can have him.

Back to baseball: Hopefully Dusty Baker can get his team to get their act together and they can go further than the first round of the playoffs this year. Sadly, I don't see that happening.
__________________

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

dfc is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #118
Ty5592
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Lansdale, PA
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Eff the Cards. I was here for the 2008 NFC Championship and their "fans" are d-bags. I almost got into two fights before the end of the first quarter because of idiots. The first of which because some d-bag poured beer on my wife. All because we were wearing green.

F Kolb, I agree the Cards can have him.

Back to baseball: Hopefully Dusty Baker can get his team to get their act together and they can go further than the first round of the playoffs this year. Sadly, I don't see that happening.
You never know, Bruce, Votto, and Phillips are really good players...(Bruce kills the Phillies, that guy can hit!). We will trade Utley for Phillips, what do you say!?
__________________
Ty5592 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 11:16 PM   #119
dfc
Audio Engineer/Instructor
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dfc's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 3,038
Liked 196 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty5592 View Post
You never know, Bruce, Votto, and Phillips are really good players...(Bruce kills the Phillies, that guy can hit!). We will trade Phillips for Utley, what do you say!?
I hope Phillips retires as a member of the Reds. That guy is all class, hates the Cards (in fact he took the wind out of their sails last night) and is my favorite player. It helps that I played second base when I was still playing baseball.
__________________

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

dfc is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #120
MattyIceGfunk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Charles Town, WV
Posts: 117
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

I can't believe Michael Morse didn't get the final All Star spot. He would have kill in the derby too.

__________________
Brewing: Weizenbier w/Orange Zest
Bottled: Fermenting Osama Blood IPA
Next: Unknown
MattyIceGfunk is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting back into baseball Cubslover General Chit Chat 16 03-07-2012 12:07 AM
Fans of baseball, even bad baseball ... shecky General Chit Chat 8 08-14-2008 02:29 AM
baseball cards BrewBrain General Chit Chat 16 07-30-2008 09:03 AM
If you like baseball, you'll LOVE X-TREME Baseball!! rdwj General Chit Chat 12 05-09-2007 08:09 PM
Baseball--AL or NL? Dude General Chit Chat 54 04-24-2007 12:11 PM