Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Not enamored with Apple

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 06:36 AM   #11
hoppyhoppyhippo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 256 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 78

Oh for my personal use I won't use it. But you can't get Final Cut Pro on a PC so she has to. I used it when both of my computers spontaneously combusted and I was waiting on parts for my laptop (don't get me started on Dell laptops) and a new cheap desktop(my MB went on my 5 yar old PC it almost made no sense replacing the MB when for maybe 100 bucks more I could get a much better computer.) thankfully they both were resolved quickly. The laptop I fixed and then my girlfriend's job was giving away desktops that were around the same age as my old one, and you can't beat free and since it was the same basic computer my Dell was (except the business model) I could transfer my RAM and when I stop being lazy my media reader, which makes me a happy panda.

Also annoying thing with my girlfriend's computer, there's a known issue with the Wifi and they haven't fixed it yet. How long should that really take?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2012, 06:47 AM   #12
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 472 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Well, the Adobe software works on both platforms. So, you don't HAVE to use the [cr]apple software.

IMO/IME, apple is always acting like their sheet doesn't stink. I tried to get them to repair a server we had at one company (back when they still had/supported them). They refused to believe it was a hardware issue. Even though the OS had been installed fresh and the issue continued. It got to the point where I would just call up the guys they would dispatch, told them the issue, and they would open the support case with apple. At least then things got repaired. When a tech, with 8+ years of supporting their systems tells you what's wrong you should listen. NOT make them go through all the scripted steps they have. Never mind the fact that I had either already done them, or more advanced ones.

Yeah, I've more than had my fill of apple in general. When my one ipod touch finally stops working I won't shed a single tear. Hopefully my next truck's stereo won't be tilted toward apple for things like Pandora streaming and such. I'd rather have it go directly through my smart phone. Oh, and there's no way in hell I'll buy an iphoner. If they're the last one that's available on the market (as in all the rest have closed up shop) I'll keep the one I've got as long as possible.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 AM   #13
hoppyhoppyhippo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 256 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 78

Don't tell her and the rest of the Film community that haha. I swear I never saw such a whiny bunch as Apple fanboys who're in film. At least I convinced my girlfriend to stick with Android rather than piss money away on an iPhone 5.

My biggest gripe with Apple is cost.

An entry level iMac costs 1300 bucks. And it's got some pretty awesome stuff inside of it, i5 processor, 8 gigs of ram, 1 TB hard drive and a solid graphics card. But for 400 bucks less I can get an HP ENVY all in one, that's 400 bucks, I could buy an iMac, or that HP, plus a Nexus 10 and have 2 products that kick Apple's rear.

I give Apple credit where it's due, they made 3 viable markets that didn't exist before. Before the iPod, iPhone, and iPad the MP3 player, Smartphone, and tablet were all niche markets. I know I worked in the Cell industry before the iPhone, those smart phones stank with a capital S. It wasn't until years later than anyone not on AT&T could get a decent smartphone. when Android 2.0 came out. Remember the Blackberry Storm? What a clunker that was, I had to hack that phone to oblivion to get it to work properly.

Quick Reply