Not a beer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernie Brewer

Grouchy Old Fart
Reaction score
As the title states, this isn't a beer question but I know this forum is packed with computer geeks who can answer. When the time changed to Daylight Savings Time, I set the clock on my puter ahead one hour. Since then, it keeps reverting to standard time and I have to manually reset it again. This has happened at least two dozen times since early April. Any ideas?????:confused: :confused:

You probably got something that is sync'ing your time for you. Double-click on the clock on the bottom right of your screen, hit the time zone tab; make sure your time zone is set correctly and then select the checkbox to auto-adjust for daylight savings time. Now it'll adjust for day light savings time for you. You can set the clock again if you wish.

If you have a 3rd tab there, don't recall what its called. Time Sync perhaps; that's probably where it is adjusting its time based on world clocks. Or some other app that is installed...

Oh yea, $125 min charge for the 1st hour :D

Most operating systems have an option for standard time or daylight savings time for each time zone. I suspect you are in the correct time zone, but set for standard time.

desertBrew said:
You probably got something that is sync'ing your time for you. Double-click on the clock on the bottom right of your screen, hit the time zone tab; make sure your time zone is set correctly and then select the checkbox to auto-adjust for daylight savings time. Now it'll adjust for day light savings time for you. You can set the clock again if you wish.

If you have a 3rd tab there, don't recall what its called. Time Sync perhaps; that's probably where it is adjusting its time based on world clocks. Or some other app that is installed...

Oh yea, $125 min charge for the 1st hour :D

Time zone etc was set correctly but it was set to sync with an outside source. I turned that off-hopfully that helps Thanks! Um, regarding your fee- do you accept payment in homebrew????:D

ablrbrau said:
Time zone etc was set correctly but it was set to sync with an outside source. I turned that off-hopfully that helps Thanks! Um, regarding your fee- do you accept payment in homebrew????:D

Oh yea, fees are on the house for cheesheads. Those time sync servers are nice to hook to; set & forget. Probably just need to find another one.

Back