In Northwest Dallas TX with no car for the week.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dahoov

Reaction score
I'll be in northwest Dallas for the next week. I'm staying in the Grapevine area near the DFW airport doing some training at CAE (it's an airplane thing if you don't know already). I have heard that BoneDaddy's has some nice "Talent" serving but I would also like some good (possibly local) beers. I have no car so anything will need to be walking distance. If our schedules works I would be more than happy to buy someone local a beer or two for a tour.

I thought the DART Orange Line to DFW was already open, but I guess I was wrong. Too bad, that would be easy to pick up and get out of Grapevine. I have no idea what's up that way in terms of good beer bars. I did a quick check of RateBeer and Grapevine is a bit of a deadzone.

If you want something good, you're probably going to have to rent a car or take a cab and come to Dallas. Hit up any of the following. The neighborhood is in parenthesis.

Craft & Growler (Fair Park)
Union Bear (West Village)
Meddlesome Moth (Design District)
Gingerman (Uptown)
Common Table (Uptown)
Strangeways (Knox/Henderson)
The Bottle Shop (Lower Greenville)

If you want to go to Fort Worth, which is probably going to be closer, I'd say either The Flying Saucer in Sundance Square or Zio Carlo. Don't know the neighborhood since I know Dallas a lot better than Fort Worth.

As far as beers go, the three best breweries in DFW, in my opinion are, Peticolas, Lakewood, and Community. Community has their taproom open Thursday - Saturday. Four Corners Brewing has taproom hours as well. To explain, if you've never had the misfortunate of dealing with Texas liquor laws, they are a lot more restrictive as far as selling directly to the public than a lot of states.

Back