Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > No more beer for me for a while.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2010, 02:43 AM   #11
Hermit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Good luck to you. Sucks that you didn't get proper notice. If you aren't in position to turn down these fights on short notice you may want to walk around a bit lighter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2010, 02:49 AM   #12
skeeordye11
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I worked with wrestlers back in grad school with a similar frame of mind. Not quite so much so fast, but similarly. A good portion of MMA fighters have a wrestling background and like everything else they take it to the extreme. It's not ideal (or healthy) to lose 20+ pounds in such a short amount of time, but these guys can do it. And at the end of the day, they get a paycheck for trying to beat the **** out of the other guy.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:49 AM   #13
passedpawn
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3051 Times on 1922 Posts
Likes Given: 2589

Good luck.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:54 AM   #14
AwesomeSquad
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Good luck to you. Sucks that you didn't get proper notice. If you aren't in position to turn down these fights on short notice you may want to walk around a bit lighter.
I know, normally I try to walk around at around 160-165 but with Oktoberfest and pizza I've gotten up there. Yeah I'm not really in a position to turn down fights, I need to eat, pay rent, and brew more beer.

I actually made weight for a fight in late september but my guy pulled out as I was walking in to weigh in. That was ****ing awesome. Couldn't they tell me a little earlier when I was in the sauna?!

Old 10-28-2010, 03:25 AM   #15
AwesomeSquad
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

After I beat the **** out of this guy so bad that his family cries and begs me to stop "But he's already dead!" I am going to drink so much that when I urinate the animals that live in the sewers will die from alcohol poisoning.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:06 AM   #16
AwesomeSquad
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

So, a quick update. I just fought and beat the absolute **** out of the guy. He was tough as nails though. He tried rushing me at the bell and so I dropped for a double leg and took him down...right into a guillotine. He didn't quite have it but it was close, he held it for about a minute and a half. I was gurgling (guys that fight know what that means) but I don't know if he heard it. I managed to pull out of it and landed a few, and scrambled a bit, ending up on top, before passing to side control and locking up an arm triangle. That sonofabitch was apparently purple but wouldnt tap and was saved by the bell.

In the second round we circled a bit. I landed a solid leg kick and a good 2, before he rushed me again and again I took him down, this time with bigger dump. He got good posture control and started working some 10th planet **** before I passed again and mounted him. I started dropping bombs, bouncing his head off the canvas and he gave up his back to avoid the punishment, at that point I sunk in the Rear Naked Choke.

I now plan to go to Patton Alley Pub tomorrow night and drink so much that my blood will become flammable.

I am gonna get so drunk that people around me will become genuinely concerned for my wellbeing.

I am gonna get so drunk that animals that live in the sewers will die from alcohol poisoning when I urinate.

I am gonna drink so much that brewers panic by the sudden loss of beer and they start pulling so much water out of the ocean to replenish their supply that the pull the moon has on the ocean is thrown off and the moon goes drifting off into space and the earth drifts into the sun.

Old 11-07-2010, 05:57 AM   #17
scrambledegg81
Flocculation Nation
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSquad View Post
After I beat the **** out of this guy so bad that his family cries and begs me to stop "But he's already dead!" I am going to drink so much that when I urinate, the local waste treatment facility will be forced to shut down due to massive mechanical failure.
Fix't.
Primary: Nada
Secondary: The Plinian Legacy (NB clone of Pliny the Elder)
Bottled/Fridge: Firestone Easy Jack IPA
Bombers/Growlers/Aging: Firestone 17th & 18th Anniversary ales
Kegerator: Uinta Hop Notch IPA
Coming Up: something spiffy, most likely

Old 11-07-2010, 06:19 AM   #18
klyph
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You should've just drank so much that the specific gravity of your blood put you in a lower weight class.

Primary: saison
Secondary: nada
Conditioning: macaroon stout
Drinking: store bought

Old 11-07-2010, 06:32 AM   #19
Hermit
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSquad View Post
So, a quick update. I just fought and beat the absolute **** out of the guy. He was tough as nails though. He tried rushing me at the bell and so I dropped for a double leg and took him down...right into a guillotine. He didn't quite have it but it was close, he held it for about a minute and a half. I was gurgling (guys that fight know what that means) but I don't know if he heard it. I managed to pull out of it and landed a few, and scrambled a bit, ending up on top, before passing to side control and locking up an arm triangle. That sonofabitch was apparently purple but wouldnt tap and was saved by the bell.

In the second round we circled a bit. I landed a solid leg kick and a good 2, before he rushed me again and again I took him down, this time with bigger dump. He got good posture control and started working some 10th planet **** before I passed again and mounted him. I started dropping bombs, bouncing his head off the canvas and he gave up his back to avoid the punishment, at that point I sunk in the Rear Naked Choke.

I now plan to go to Patton Alley Pub tomorrow night and drink so much that my blood will become flammable.
Congrats. Hope it leads to bigger and better for you.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #20
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 181 Times on 162 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Can't we all just get along?

PTN

Alcohol!
Because no-one ever started a great story with, "I was just finishing a lovely salad when..."

Follow my Wood Fired Oven Build Thread here

Quick Reply