Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > newest budweiser commercials

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 02:06 AM   #11
cd2448
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

i was most amused by those commercials. there's nowhere to hide because it's essentially water. water and bubbles. and pish yellow.

i was watching with a friend and he suggested i make a commercial for my brewery. class idea. now all i need is a spark of creativity, multi-media equipment, and a swedish volleyball team (the script for ad #1 kind of wrote itself).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2008, 03:57 AM   #13
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

It's not too hard to do what they do when you have a warchest of millions and have the ability to spend 12million on 4 minutes of commercials.

Hard for us to do though.

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 01-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #14
Zar
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
. The worst, of course, being the one where the essentially claim that budweiser is better because it's a lager, and it's clear and they have nowhere to hide mistakes and flaws---but darker beers do. I mean, look, light lagers have their place, but now they're just preying on the ignorance of the average joe sixpack.
I was pretty pissed when i saw that commercial about how dark beers can hide flaws. The sad part is that so many people are beer-ingnorant that there's a good chance a lot of people will buy it.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #15
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 945 Times on 631 Posts
Likes Given: 28

This begs the question if a flaw is hidden and you can't detect it, is it really there?

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 01-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #16
CBBaron

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Have you seen the one where they compare bud to an "import" and a "lite" beer. The claim is the "import" is too heavy, the lite beer is watered down while the bud is perfectly balanced.
The funny thing is the "import" is obviously Guinness which is "lighter" (as in lower calorie and alcohol) than the Bud.

Of course I actually like to taste my beer. I don't drink BMC for the same reason I dont drink flavored water. If I want cool and refreshing, I drink ice water. If I want a beer I want to taste the beer. I don't want a slightly flavored drink.

Craig

Old 01-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #17
Bedlam
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Oh, hell, you know that they really aren't "winning" folks over to bud with these commercials. All they are doing is giving folks some justification for drinking the pisswater that they choose.

It's an age-old strategy, been going on ever since we started sharing campfires together...and gets applied pretty broadly. Take, for example, the political pundits that I always see screaming whenever I look at a TV these days. Just giving people reasons to feel how they feel, without imparting any new information or real data that matters. (And that goes for ALL of them, no matter what side of the fence they happen to sit upon. This isn't a political commentary, merely a statement concerning strategies used to sway the masses.) It ain't new and it won't stop anytime soon.

Besides, that leaves more of that yucky, devious and flaw-hiding dark beer for the rest of us!

-------------------------------------
Jill Mc

Old 01-26-2008, 02:43 AM   #18
eljefe
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam
Oh, hell, you know that they really aren't "winning" folks over to bud with these commercials.
Boy, I hope you are right. As someone who used to drink only Bud until being exposed to the "dark" (as in stout, bock, etc) side, I can only assume that the adds are geared to a younger generation that wants a "premium" beer. It is evident that our definition of premium differs from theirs, but it is a good ploy on AB's part to get people to buy into their claims that Bud is a top notch beer. Either way the ads are an acknowledgement that micros and imports are causing the commercial breweries to take notice.

Quick Reply