Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > newest budweiser commercials

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
moger777
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default newest budweiser commercials

I gotta say, I've never been a Budweiser fan but I always thought there advertisements were funny. I'm guessing Budweiser has been taking a beating from Sam Adams and other smaller breweries who are pushing the better ingredients makes better beer line. You can't blame Bud for trying to compete but I find there newest commercials incredibly misleading. They make it sound like there lagers are stored for months of aging. After a bit of research on there website I found that they take 30 days to make there lager. They spend less time on their lager than I do on my ales. I also love how they dog imports on being to dark and overbearing. Obviously they have not heard of Pils-Urquell or any other imported pils. If they wanted to compete in the "good beer" market they should release a beer that does not taste like watered down sake, not mislead people in thinking there beer is a premium beer.
Sorry,
had to rant to somebody.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Like I said before, I like Rob Riggle...he's a funny bastard on TDS...but the commercials, well, they're shyte. The worst, of course, being the one where the essentially claim that budweiser is better because it's a lager, and it's clear and they have nowhere to hide mistakes and flaws---but darker beers do. I mean, look, light lagers have their place, but now they're just preying on the ignorance of the average joe sixpack.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 01-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #3
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I love the commercial where they show a guy carring a bucket of hops. I couldn't help but think that that bucket contained the hops for the entire brew day at the Bud plant.

Cheers,
Rich

Old 01-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #4
shafferpilot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

They use hops in budwieser???

A great man knows that he knows NOTHING

Old 01-21-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafferpilot
They use hops in budwieser???
yes, the American Light Lager style contains hops. Actually, if I'm not mistaken, they use some kind of hop "extract" rather than whole leaf hops, so the commercial is misleading.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 01-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
Blender

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I must have seen 5 of these commercials during the games yesterday. Craft brewers critisize BMC brews so it seems fair that they can do the same but, in the end if folks like great flavored ales/lagers they will buy them.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:06 AM   #7
jca
Recipes 

Default Lame but true

Those commercials were lame and more annoying that entertaining. Still the facts they presented are completely true. Light lagers are very difficult to pull off and being able to do it consistently across so many breweries is an amazing technical feat.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:22 AM   #8
Brakeman_Brewing
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

If I remember right, they never used to emphasize the style of the beer so much in their advertising, just that it was beer. Now their campaign slogan seems to be "The Great American Lager".

To me it seems like thats obvious proof the craft beer industry is making a name for itself with its hundreds of different styles.

Old 01-23-2008, 01:56 AM   #9
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 940 Times on 626 Posts
Likes Given: 28

It is true that light lagers are pretty tough. Hiding DMS and Diacytel doesn't work since there is very little malt and hops flavor to cover it. I'm drinking my version of a premium American lager and thought it was perfect. After it warms up a bit, just the hint of diacytel comes through... darn.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 01-23-2008, 01:57 AM   #10
Professor Frink

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

My favorite is when they say "Beechwood Aged". Maybe they should explain they use beechwood to speed up the process, not age the beer.

On tap:Amber Ale
Milk Stout

Lagering:

http://www.lazydogbrewery.com

Quick Reply