Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Netflix vs Block Buster (online)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #11
Kevin Dean
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I use Netflix.

Not all Blockbusters participate in the online system, meaning you CAN'T return your movies there and you CAN'T exchange them. My local Blockbuster doesn't participate and before that came out they didn't participate in the 'End Of Late Fees" policy either.

As for shipping speeds, I've had amazingly fast results, both in getting my movies and getting notification that they've been returned.

I have noticed, however, on rarer titles not every location has the DVD. In that case, they're sometimes shipped from other locations and mailed back to those locations. A few anime titles came from Pittsburgh while all of mine usually go to Gaithersburg, MD.

Their "Watch Movies Now" feature doesn't interest me in the least because I'm SURE it will require Windows and/or have Digital Rights Mutilation (DRM) encumbering it.

"What's your name? Well my mom calls me Son, and my cat calls me Meow, either will do." -- Sam Dodson of the Obscured Truth Network

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #12
flyboy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have NetFlix and tried BB. I will not go back to BB. Had a movie for about 4 weeks for the kids ( and those of you that have kids know they will watch the same movie a bazillion times) and BB made me pay a late fee even though they said there were no late fees. Did the same with NetFlix and they didn't even blink an eye.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply