Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Neighbors dog attacked me, then neighbor threatened to beat me
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
runningweird
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default Neighbors dog attacked me, then neighbor threatened to beat me

Our neighbor has a golden retriever - in the past it has gotten out of its fence and come barreling up to me teeth bare and acting very much like it wants to bite the crap out of me. All I wanted was the mail, or the trash can at the end of my drive way.

a few weeks ago it came out and bit my hand - so I whacked it accross the face and screamed at it.

today, I was walking to get the trash can and it burst angry from a gap in the neighbors yard fence, and attached itself to my arm - luckily it got sweatshirt and not Ian arm meat. So what do I do, I scream F$#k you and punch the crap out of it. imagine a portlier version of Conan the barbarian sucker punching the angry Camel in the face. I really had to lay into this dog to keep it off of me.

an older lady came out of the house where the dog resides and asked me what happened.

I explained calmly that their dog had attacked me, and I was calling animal control

in short, she was a moron. I had to pantomime the dog biting me, me punching it, and then me calling someone for her to understand.

called local police for animal control info, they told me I was out of local jurisdiction and that I should contact the state police - which I did -and then left a message with local animal control(it was after hours)

so now, the guy that owns the dog came to my front door and threatened to beat the crap out of me "because I insulted his mother" - so I called the cops.

the cop said "i will talk to the individual and warn him to stay away from you" - big whoop I feel so much safer.
Even if the guy threatens me again the cop said the offender would only get a fine - again kind of ridiculous. Nothing says don't attack your neighbor like a financial penalty.

I have small kids - so the dog is a problem. I live within sight of the guy that threatened to beat me - another problem.

so frustrating. I felt threatened- I really did. This guy was short and I am 215 pounds and 6'2" but he was straight up redneck with a nasty attitude. I would guess that he has seen the inside of a prison cell before.

I don't carry but I am seriously considering it from now on.

still a bit shaky as I type. I hate crap like this.

My 6 Tap Long Draw Tower Build:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/long...-tower-271578/

Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #2
IXVolt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Sorry you had to deal with that. I live outside of city limits, where it's legal to handle these matters ourselves.... and that animal would have stopped some lead already.

I have kids, and I love dogs, but that's not ok.

That seems very uncharacteristic of golden retrievers. Some people live with dogs instead of being owners of dogs.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
runningweird
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I am outside the city limits and I will now be carrying a piece of rebar with me to get the mail and the trash can- but now its the neighbor that worries me. The cop just came to my house - then went to talk to the guy and guess what - I think he left his house. My guess is that he has a record.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #4
Bedlam
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 49

For now, you've done all you can. The guy was full of bravado and had to demonstrate to his mamma that he would stand up for her.

Get some pepper spray. It is far more effective than the rebar and that dog will associate you with a painful bite that indicates your dominance.

It is awful that you have to fear for your kids. I'm also fearful for the dog himself as he will really end up as the loser in this. He will suffer for having stupid owners.

-------------------------------------
Jill Mc

Old 03-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #5
Zen_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Bummer dude. Sucks to have to deal with bad neighbors. As previously stated, that behavior from the dog is completely opposite of typical retriever demeanor. Normally they will lick you to death and finish you off with the briskly wagging tail. If this one is mean, it probably points to the owners and how it is treated at home.

Using the mind to look for reality is delusion. Using your senses to look for reality is awareness.

"One time I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers." Homer Simpson

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Hoppiness

Old 03-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
usfmikeb
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 234 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedlam View Post
Get some pepper spray. It is far more effective than the rebar and that dog will associate you with a painful bite that indicates your dominance.
This is good advice, for dealing with both the dog or its owner.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
Randar
Damn right I got da brews

Recipes 

Liked 4615 Times on 4518 Posts
Likes Given: 2143

You might want to keep a Louisville Slugger handy. Morons like that guy are just trying to bully you. Getting a gun seems like a pretty ridiculous escalation based on your reciting of the events. People and their pets/family tend to raise the tension, but be realistic, IMO, about the real threat level once you have had a chance to calm down.

Get rich or get sandy trying...-AZ_IPA

Randar, send me some of your hot fluids, so that I can put them in my mouth.-TowsonTiger22

I feel like I may need to take a stroll around gen pop and say hi to my subjects.-Ace_Club

Old 03-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #8
runningweird
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I agree, the firearm might get me in trouble. Pepper spray it is. anyone got a good one thats easy to carry?

Old 03-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #9
boo boo
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Check to see if it is legal before you do anything. Nothing wrong with defending you or your property.

How do you BBQ an elephant....first you get your elephant....

Old 03-30-2012, 12:38 AM   #10
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Oddly enough, the pepper spray and rebar may be illegal while the gun is likely not (if used properly of course).

Closed Thread

Quick Reply