Old 08-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2998 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default need help

Ok, So I am getting married the begining of next month and I need to come up with gifts for my groomsmen. I am trying to stay away from the normal flask, lighter, glass, cuff link sorta thing... I want something different but yet really cool.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #2
Arneba28

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Beer of the month clubs!!!

Old 08-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
srm775
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
Ok, So I am getting married the begining of next month and I need to come up with gifts for my groomsmen. I am trying to stay away from the normal flask, lighter, glass, cuff link sorta thing... I want something different but yet really cool.

Any ideas or suggestions?
How much do you want to spend? When I was a groomsman, I got a set of custom printed pint glasses. And I gave engraved flasks for my groomsmen.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #4
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 7

airsoft guns

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 08-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by conpewter View Post
airsoft guns
Engraved airsoft guns....this is a special occasion afterall!

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #6
Bouza
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

+1 on the Beer of the month club!

I ended up getting my groomsmen small leatherman tools. I had each engraved with their initials. They turned out really well. A couple of the guys will comment from time to time on how they still use it. I break mine out every few days or so.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
NWernBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

EDIT - ^^^ +1 - I like that idea.

If they are beer drinkers, how 'bout baskets with a selection of good/fine ales (commercial and HB) and some custom etched glasses in a couple of styles to go with them?

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. --Frank Zappa

Old 08-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Engraved airsoft guns....this is a special occasion afterall!
Now only to find someone to engrave them for me!

I thought about the beer of the month club but that is just way to expensive. I really wish I could pull that off, but 100 bucks each is just way too much. My price is preferably under 30 or 40 each but maybe more if its something I really like.

A questions about beer of the month club though because I thought about joining it for me before but in Delaware it is illegal to have alcohol of any sort delivered to you so could I even be in the club?
Quote:
I was wrong

Old 08-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #9
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWernBrewer View Post

If they are beer drinkers, how 'bout baskets with a selection of good/fine ales (commercial and HB) and some custom etched glasses in a couple of styles to go with them?
I REALLY like that idea, all but one of them are beer drinkers and they do like better beer but I dont know how much they appreciate something like that. They really dont know much about styles or nuances of different beer. Its more or like they take a drink and say "huh, yea thats pretty good."

I just dont want it to be like, "hey cool you bought me some beer".... if that makes sense.

Altough I do have a friend with a birthday coming up and he would LOVE something like this.
Quote:
I was wrong

Old 08-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #10
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWernBrewer View Post

This I really like and you could do it for relatively little cost yourself...You can get baskets and fairly nice glasses at any good dollar store...you can easily use armoretch (from any chain art supply store) to do your own etching with stencils, and you could get a few mixed sixers, or a few sixers plus some of your homebrew and put a good variety of mixed beers and the galsses in the baskets (or use little metal garbage cans instead of baskets).

Some tissue paper and you are golden....You could probably do a half dozen of these for no more than $100 bucks total (maybe less) and that's mostly for the 6er's of good beer...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply