Neat, girlfriend is on TV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does she ever kick the crap out of you if you're a bad boy? Knock you down and drag you off by the hair? Pile drive you into the headboard?

Uhhhhh.... I'll be right back.....

:D

Fingers said:
Does she ever kick the crap out of you if you're a bad boy? Knock you down and drag you off by the hair? Pile drive you into the headboard?

Uhhhhh.... I'll be right back.....

:D

Actually, no. I can still kick her ass. At 6'1, she's too spindly. But since joining Roller Derby, she puts up one hell of a fight.

I get worried when she starts circling me in a counter-clockwise motion.

:cross:

I was thinking the Red Aunts "Roller Derby Queen".

Thats awesome Vav. I've never been to any of their matches. (Why the hell are they always doing them on sundays during football season???) But I've been to a few bars when they happened to have fund raising events going on.

Do you guys ever hang out at Kuma's or Delilah's? There always seems to be roller derby gals present at Kumas. One of the many reasons to love that place.

vav said:
Actually, no. I can still kick her ass. At 6'1, she's too spindly.

You fight back? Whatever for? I guarantee you losing is a lot more fun. Oh, and if she looks cold after she pins you down, don't go getting her a sweater or anything.

jvh261 said:
I was thinking the Red Aunts "Roller Derby Queen".

Thats awesome Vav. I've never been to any of their matches. (Why the hell are they always doing them on sundays during football season???) But I've been to a few bars when they happened to have fund raising events going on.

Do you guys ever hang out at Kuma's or Delilah's? There always seems to be roller derby gals present at Kumas. One of the many reasons to love that place.

Last bout of the regular season is this Saturday!

We used to live right by Kuma's...it was our nightly hangout for months...then they got that write up in Time Out for best burgers, and it's so f'in busy there since. We still go pretty often...pals with one of the bartenders and one of the waittresses, so we ALWAYS get a table :)

We should go get a beer there this week. What are you doing tomorrow?

My fiance has to take a test tonight so I'm flying solo for a bit. I was thinking about stopping by there tonight for dinner after work since I'm on my own actually. I live in Logan Square, just a little less than a mile from Kumas. When the weather is nice we just walk down there.

Yeah, it got super busy after they were in Time Out and there was also a feature on Kumas on "Check Please". Its been crazy packed ever since.
The Logan Square Small Bar on Albany and Kuma's are pretty much my go to bars these days. I don't get over to Delilahs as much as I used to.

jvh261 said:
My fiance has to take a test tonight so I'm flying solo for a bit. I was thinking about stopping by there tonight for dinner after work since I'm on my own actually. I live in Logan Square, just a little less than a mile from Kumas. When the weather is nice we just walk down there.

Yeah, it got super busy after they were in Time Out and there was also a feature on Kumas on "Check Please". Its been crazy packed ever since.
The Logan Square Small Bar on Albany and Kuma's are pretty much my go to bars these days. I don't get over to Delilahs as much as I used to.

Oh, i didnt know about Check Please.

Never been to Small Bar...

Well...it seems Kumas is expanding. I got down there and they were closed for renovations. WTF? So I picked up my friend at Balmont and Ashland and we headed over to Small Bar. There were no roller girls there but we just drank a s-load of Lagunitas IPA and a couple of Victoryu Prima Pils's. I got home and SWMBO is asleep. I cracked a New Glarus hop hearty and got online. Friday night druck it is... I wonder what I have on the DVr......

Awesome, vav. Will the Chicago travel team be coming to Detroit at all next year? We go to all the bouts here -- they're way too much fun to miss. Plus, the Detroit Roller Girls hold their bouts in the Masonic Temple, which is a) beautiful and b) so ironic it almost hurts. :)

Awesome vav. Pretty cool thing that roller derby. Wish we had things like that to do here in MA!
I'll be in Chicago in June if you're up for a beer!

e lo said:
Awesome, vav. Will the Chicago travel team be coming to Detroit at all next year? We go to all the bouts here -- they're way too much fun to miss. Plus, the Detroit Roller Girls hold their bouts in the Masonic Temple, which is a) beautiful and b) so ironic it almost hurts. :)

Yep, the Windy City Rollers does indeed have a travel team. I think they're playing Grand Rapids in the next month or two.

And i'm always up for a beer.

Vav, sounds like we need to have a Snizzle outing at the derby. Last outing was at Paul's Tavern in Naperville so it's time for another. Nothing like roller derby and beer.

Snakebone said:
Vav, sounds like we need to have a Snizzle outing at the derby. Last outing was at Paul's Tavern in Naperville so it's time for another. Nothing like roller derby and beer.

Well, the next bout is May 10th....

Hey, Vav, I was at the bout in Detroit last night (Motor City Disassembly Line vs. the Killamazoo travel team) and they announced the score of the Windy City Rollers vs. Grand Rapids team ... congrats to Ruth Enasia and the rest. Sounds like they spanked the GR team.

e lo said:
Hey, Vav, I was at the bout in Detroit last night (Motor City Disassembly Line vs. the Killamazoo travel team) and they announced the score of the Windy City Rollers vs. Grand Rapids team ... congrats to Ruth Enasia and the rest. Sounds like they spanked the GR team.

Hell yes they did :) She isnt on the travel team, but she and some of the girls drove up to see the bout.

She called me yesterday. Conversation went like this

Me: Hello?
Kim: Hey look, we're about to go watch the bout, but did you want me to pick up some Bell's beer while i'm up here?
Me: Yes, yes i do.
Kim: Sweet, i'll get the Pale and the Hopslam and maybe some Stone stuff if i can find it. My treat.

...i should marry this one eh?

The last bout of the regular season is May 10, if any of you Snizzles wanna join me.

EDIT: So she just called, she only picked up the Bell's Pale Ale, but the car she was riding home in DID catch on fire.

Quite a successful weekend.

vav said:
Hell yes they did :) She isnt on the travel team, but she and some of the girls drove up to see the bout.

She called me yesterday. Conversation went like this

Me: Hello?
Kim: Hey look, we're about to go watch the bout, but did you want me to pick up some Bell's beer while i'm up here?
Me: Yes, yes i do.
Kim: Sweet, i'll get the Pale and the Hopslam and maybe some Stone stuff if i can find it. My treat.

...i should marry this one eh?

The last bout of the regular season is May 10, if any of you Snizzles wanna join me.

EDIT: So she just called, she only picked up the Bell's Pale Ale, but the car she was riding home in DID catch on fire.

Quite a successful weekend.

Awesome. Sound like you ought to marry her for sure! Women that will bring you back hard-to-find beer are definitely keepers. My GF just went to Omaha to be see her mom for the weekend, and in her luggage she brought me back a 6-er of Fat Tire, which reminds me of home, instead of bringing herself back Moose Drool, which reminds her of home. Now that's love.

And ... the car caught fire? Damn! I guess the Derby Girls are just too hot. :D

e lo said:
Awesome. Sound like you ought to marry her for sure! Women that will bring you back hard-to-find beer are definitely keepers. My GF just went to Omaha to be see her mom for the weekend, and in her luggage she brought me back a 6-er of Fat Tire, which reminds me of home, instead of bringing herself back Moose Drool, which reminds her of home. Now that's love.

And ... the car caught fire? Damn! I guess the Derby Girls are just too hot. :D

Moose Drool is another i'd love to try some day.

And yeah, hot chicks and all that :p

Back