Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Navy Drill Team - Incredible

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 12:44 PM   #11
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Street Brewery
I had the pleasure of getting to see a performance of the Marine Corps silent drill team at Parris Island when my daughter graduated from boot camp. Thet were f###ing impressive. Every foot hits at the same time, all you hear is the one 'click' of the shoes on pavement.
If any of you guys around the Milwaukee / Chicago area want to see a good dril team head to a Great Lakes Recruit Training Command graduation some Friday. What makes it even more impressive is that their drill team is made of of recruits (called a 900 company). What they do is upon arrival they ask if anyone has training in music, singing or drill and then they put them into a 900 company and extend their boot camp for 1 - 3 weeks (to fill the company) and then things are like normal . . . except we didnt have to carry rifles everywhere like the rest of the companys and when the other companys had some down time we were in the drill hall 6-12 hours a day

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #12
Nate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa
If any of you guys around the Milwaukee / Chicago area want to see a good dril team head to a Great Lakes Recruit Training Command graduation some Friday. What makes it even more impressive is that their drill team is made of of recruits (called a 900 company). What they do is upon arrival they ask if anyone has training in music, singing or drill and then they put them into a 900 company and extend their boot camp for 1 - 3 weeks (to fill the company) and then things are like normal . . . except we didnt have to carry rifles everywhere like the rest of the companys and when the other companys had some down time we were in the drill hall 6-12 hours a day
I was on one of those drill teams... company 948.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply