The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Name that Political Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
Skunkyhops
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Im sick and tired of this country being ran by a bunch of lying, money hungry, and corrupt politicians. This country was founded by the people for the people if im not mistaken and when did any of "us", the people, have any say in this economic stimulus crap? When are we the people going to stand up and say to the "big bad government" that we are tired of taking it in the ass all the time. I dont know about you all but i think that it is ABSURD that gas prices are as high as they are. We are seeing oil companies like Exxon making the biggest profits ever seen, and yet somehow the price of gas continues to go up??? The people who founded this country stood for something, we broke away from Britain for a reason right? And yet year after year we all sit here watching the government grow bigger and bigger and spend more and more money that we already dont have. Here we are looking to elect another president and all the democrat candidates have some form of a universal healthcare program funded by the GOVERNMENT! The government f'd up medicare/medicade (whatever it is) and social security already and you think they can handle providing healthcare for the entire country? Are these people serious? Do you all not watch the news? Have you not seen how badly this idea has worked in other countries? Im one of the 40 million who dont have healthcare and I DONT WANT IT FOR FREE! They are slowly taking away freedoms that have made America such a great country for so many years, telling us, the people, that its to make/keep us "safer". Like setting up road blocks and stopping every car to do DUI checks, sure they will catch a drunk or two but does this not remind anybody else of Nazi Germany? The S.S. asking to see your papers? When are we going to realize that WE know whats best for US. I dont need the government to provide me with health care, I dont need the state of California to control the temperature in my house! Im paying the bill ill keep it however fckn cold/hot i want it to be thank you very much! Im really sorry about the rant but i dont think im the only person that feels this way about the government and the absurd spending and i wanted to remind everybody that this is the peoples country, and we CAN do something about it.
As Peter from Family Guy would say "That America is what grinds my gears!"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
BuffaloSabresBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkyhops
when did any of "us", the people, have any say in this economic stimulus crap? When are we the people going to stand up and say to the "big bad government" that we are tired of taking it in the ass all the time.
When you voted.
"I didnt vote for Bush".
Well you voted for Senate and House and theyll have the final say. And your vote has more of an impact for those elections IMO. We may not vote on every issue but we chose who represents us. Voters need to do their own research on candidates and stop relying on the news. Dont like what the politicians are doing? You put them there.

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!

Old 01-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #3
brewhead
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

does anyone realize that amendment 16 was never fully radified in the us? there fore it is not a law - which makes us all good little sheep

Old 01-29-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
z987k

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhead
does anyone realize that amendment 16 was never fully radified in the us? there fore it is not a law - which makes us all good little sheep
got a reputable source for that? I'd love to read it.

And by ratified, do you mean wasn't ratified by all the states at the time? Because it doesn't have to be. 75% of the states, congress and the president.

Last edited by z987k; 01-29-2008 at 08:10 PM.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:09 PM   #5
Fish
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k
got a reputable source for that? I'd love to read it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_pro...tion_arguments

"One argument that has been raised several times (and always ruled meritless) suggests that the Sixteenth Amendment was not properly ratified.
Primary : Fruit Cider
Secondary :empty

Bottled: Wheat
On Deck: Mead

Old 01-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
z987k

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_pro...tion_arguments

"One argument that has been raised several times (and always ruled meritless) suggests that the Sixteenth Amendment was not properly ratified.
ok, spelling mistakes and minor things like that. I mean if you're very strong against income tax, well ok this give you something, but seriously I'm in the boat with the Sec of State at the time. It's ratified.

BTW wikipedia, not the most reputable source.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #7
Skunkyhops
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloSabresBrewer
When you voted.
"I didnt vote for Bush".
Well you voted for Senate and House and theyll have the final say. And your vote has more of an impact for those elections IMO. We may not vote on every issue but we chose who represents us. Voters need to do their own research on candidates and stop relying on the news. Dont like what the politicians are doing? You put them there.
And this is the big problem that i talked about in the first line of my rant the person who you vote to elect changes the second he/she is elected. Thats why I am so fed up with the politicians. They are willing to say anything to our faces to get elected and once in office the "change" they all talk about never happens! It makes me sick watching a "political debate" and the leading candidates can do nothing but throw muddy lies at one another. Just to get elected. I dont know about you but I have seen better high school debates! When are we going to realize that the only way we can solve these "issues" that Americans are worried about is to throw away the parties and the divisions that are set up. If we all work together to solve these problems, maybe we could finally SOLVE some problems. Im tired of Democrats being afraid of saying that a Republican had a good idea and im tired of Republicans doing the same to Democrats. The fighting and arguing gets us as a nation no where. Look at the HBT boards as an example of all these people working together, giving input and advice and how well the board runs. If I have a problem with my beer I post a thread and within an hour I have 5 or 10 replies and a solution to the problem. When we work together we are able to accomplish much more. Im tired of so many people being so closed minded when it comes to hearing an opinion from the opposing party. Just because it comes from the other party its automatically shot down and dismissd as being wrong. Like I said earlier this is OUR country and we can do something about all the B.S. Oh yea the thing that really grinds my gears most is all the people that talk bad about Bush 43 or any politician for that matter and didnt VOTE! IF YOU DIDNT VOTE I DONT WANNA HEAR CHIT!

Old 01-29-2008, 08:28 PM   #8
Fish
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by z987k
take 1/10th the money they're spending on the war and spend it improving (roads bridges, infrastructure, etc.)and creating jobs in this country now that would stimulate the economy.

Quoted for agreement.
Primary : Fruit Cider
Secondary :empty

Bottled: Wheat
On Deck: Mead

Old 01-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #9
brewhead
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

without thumping my soapbox any more than necessary in a beer related forum - i would say even if you are mildly intrigued - enlighten yourselves. the information is there. also rent, buy or view "freedom to fascism" ...worth the 2 hours of your life

Old 01-29-2008, 08:53 PM   #10
Skunkyhops
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ive never really looked into that much I just found the givemeliberty.org site really interesting when it comes to the 16th. If its so obvious that it was illegally ratified i dont understand why this isnt brought up even more? I would like to see some stats as well I know that a lot of people lose that battle with the IRS like Willie Nelson

Quick Reply