Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > My wife is nuts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #11
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

My wife and kids have been on my case for a few weeks about a dog. I've always had dogs in the past. Typically in the 40-80 pound range. I want a dog, but I want a big 100+ pound drooling dog with a head the size of a basketball. My wife and daughters think it's a great idea to get a 4 pound barking hampster.

I told them that they could get one as soon as I get my dog. I'm a big manly man, I can't have a damn shedding rat running around my house. I'm afraid I'll accidentally step on it and kill it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #12
Chris_Dog
Orange whip?
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by janzik View Post
No, a solution would be for him to put his a ******* foot down. This is not a situation where the wife wants to get a "first" family pet for the kid. They already have a zoo there. Stop being a *****. You are not compromising, you're being a little bitch. Everybody needs to make sacrifices and compromises in their marriage/family, but stop being walked all over...
Wow those are some harsh words (or * ), I was only trying to make light of how much my dog sheds. (I do however agree with you in theory).

Old 12-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #13
polecreek
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Dont get me wrong I like dogs as much as she does, I just like to rantand rave about it or we would have the *******zooo someone mentioned. As for putting my ***** foot down, thats just funny, that advice comes from someone who doesnt like *****.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:59 PM   #14
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2451 Times on 1727 Posts
Likes Given: 1405

Our lab doesn't shed much at all. I'm sure she does, but it's not noticeable. Our golden was a shedder!!

Old 12-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
RC0032
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Well at least you ****ers are getting dogs. Mine talked me into 2 cats

Old 12-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #16
Jester369
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishing View Post
At least she didn't pull the crap my wife did ...
I used to drive truck on Saturdays as a second job. I needed to get up super early that one day each week. One Friday night she would not let me go to bed...wanted to keep talking about a puppy her mother wanted to send the kids. As SWMBO had made me find a new home for my dog ( a 6 month old lab) I was in no mood to discuss another dog.... much less a Chichuha puppy. ANyway, finally, about 11 pm I said, "Ok listen...I've got 4 hours to fall asleep, wake up and drive 20 miles to get in the truck... I need to go to sleep, so lets talk about this later". Her answer was that no, we had to talk about it then... so finally, in desperation I said, ok...ok... tell your mother to send the f'ing thing! Her response this time? "Oh good, I'm glad you said that....my sister is taking me to the airport tomorrow morning at 9 to meet the flight".
Seriously, that's messed up.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #17
Bourdon
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishing View Post
At least she didn't pull the crap my wife did ...
I used to drive truck on Saturdays as a second job. I needed to get up super early that one day each week. One Friday night she would not let me go to bed...wanted to keep talking about a puppy her mother wanted to send the kids. As SWMBO had made me find a new home for my dog ( a 6 month old lab) I was in no mood to discuss another dog.... much less a Chichuha puppy. ANyway, finally, about 11 pm I said, "Ok listen...I've got 4 hours to fall asleep, wake up and drive 20 miles to get in the truck... I need to go to sleep, so lets talk about this later". Her answer was that no, we had to talk about it then... so finally, in desperation I said, ok...ok... tell your mother to send the f'ing thing! Her response this time? "Oh good, I'm glad you said that....my sister is taking me to the airport tomorrow morning at 9 to meet the flight".
That sucks. I would have been furious.

Primary: 2x Hard Blueberry Honey Apple Cider
Secondary: Blueberry Wheat Lite Beer
Kegged: Bavarian heavy-veisse

Old 12-30-2008, 04:04 PM   #18
jpsloan
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

My ex-wife had big issues with animals and babies. We had trouble having kids (thank God!!!), and every time she ran into one of our friends who became pregnant, or heard about a relative who got pregnant, she went into this neurotic need to get a pet. Thankfully she never got a dog, but she did get an aquarium of fish, and two rats. All said, I really liked the rats.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:28 PM   #19
billtzk
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I had two cats and three dogs for the longest time. The years caught up to them and started taking them one by one, so I'm down to two dogs now. Yes, they are hairy and yes they shed a lot, even for Chihuahuas, but I love 'em and can't imagine life without them. I'm sure when these two finally go, I'll be getting some more.

Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs. -Lily Tomlin

Old 12-30-2008, 09:27 PM   #20
springer

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Our lab doesn't shed much at all. I'm sure she does, but it's not noticeable. Our golden was a shedder!!
We had 4 dogs at one time now we are down to 2 as my older son took 2 since he can have pets now at his place

Wanna see a dog that sheds?!! Bear is Newfoundland hound lab mix weighs in at 135 and is only a year old ..this is him at about 8 months .
littledog.jpg  

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply