Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > my mom died Christmas Eve

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 05:08 AM   #31
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2701 Times on 2092 Posts
Likes Given: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger
My heart is with both you and Cheezy.
It was like he was taking about this Cheezy and the other one, the one we usually deal with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn
I'm really sorry you saw it that way
Me too! Damn! I almost went the day without pissing someone off

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 05:29 AM   #32
headbanger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 705 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 1418

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I can assure you that 1: bottlebomber is from an another planet, 2: he is a kind person that means no harm, ever, and 3: cheezy knows that.

Now, there are things you don't know, and that's OK and normal of course, but rest assured that BB is not going to offend cheeze. I'm really sorry you saw it that way and I see how that happened and I think it's great that you stepped in the way you did, but it's all good here. Really. Kudo's to you for doing so.
Enough said, sorry if I rashed anybody (BB) but it kind of struck a nerve for me but I'm quite sure at this point that I misunderstood BB's original comment.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #33
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:

Enough said, sorry if I rashed anybody (BB) but it kind of struck a nerve for me but I'm quite sure at this point that I misunderstood BB's original comment.

No worries. Mind you, I wouldn't have come into the thread with the comment I made but I'm from the Robin Williams school of emotional healing so I often will try to lighten the mood if it's not entirely inappropriate. Sometimes it is and I stick my foot in my mouth but I'm always ready to try to make it right, and only 70% of HBT members think I'm a prick so I'm doing a damn sight better than Cheezy is.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #34
static
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 52 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 54

My condolences Cheezy. Someday we will share stories and drink to loved ones here and there.

The yeast knows what it's doing.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #35
headbanger
Recipes 

Liked 705 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 1418

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
No worries. Mind you, I wouldn't have come into the thread with the comment I made but I'm from the Robin Williams school of emotional healing so I often will try to lighten the mood if it's not entirely inappropriate. Sometimes it is and I stick my foot in my mouth but I'm always ready to try to make it right, and only 70% of HBT members think I'm a prick so I'm doing a damn sight better than Cheezy is.
Consider me in the 30% as far as you're concerned....

Matter if fact, Cheezy is pretty much at family status at this point by default, whether he wants to be or not, so I don't see any reason not to include you too.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #36
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:

Consider me in the 30% as far as you're concerned....

Matter if fact, Cheezy is pretty much at family status at this point by default, whether he wants to be or not, so I don't see any reason not to include you too.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #37
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2430 Times on 1716 Posts
Likes Given: 1379

Isn't it amazing how you can remember exactly what was happening when someone you love passes away?

I was working on my '69 Mustang at the FIL's house when my wife came out to give me the telephone and she said, "You're dad had a heart attack. And he died." I can still hear her voice and the whole scene in my mind. Dad was helping friends at a restaurant down the road and just fell over.

When my grandma passed away she had an emergency and was taken to the hospital. I got a call while working in a factory. By the time I got to my cousin's house in the same small town, I got the call she passed away.

Sitting at the table with my wife and mom playing games. Got the call from dad. Grandpa had passed away. This was not unexpected. The memory still remains.

The truth is, you will never forget when they pass away. But you also can't forget who they were when they were alive. What they taught you. The good times you had. You notice things about them that maybe got passed down to you.

It's up to you to decide if you want to dwell on the passing, or celebrate the living.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #38
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4944 Times on 4514 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Only 70%?

Old 10-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #39
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1770 Times on 1227 Posts
Likes Given: 3010

My thoughts are with you Cheezy, and I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how hard it is for your brain to be associating all the things that are supposed to conjure images of joy with pain. My grandfather lost his mother on Thankgiving before he was 16, and I only found out that that was why he was always so quiet on thanksgiving just recently. You and I might be in the same boat shortly... Grandma (the mother figure in my life) doesnt have long left, and chances are she will be gone by Christmas...

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 10-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #40
The_Dog_42
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 3

An epic IPA to celebrate a life instead of (and in addition to) mourning a death.

That sounds exactly like the Cheezy enigma we've come to know. A conundrum wrapped in an enigma speared by a unicorn horn.

My 10 yr old chocolate lab Guinness :D thinks her name is goddammit dog or fu@%in' puppy...I think if she were registerable :drunk: her full name would Goddammit Guinness Stop It...Go Away!!! And we Love her dearly :)
My Keg-O-Vision (Kegerator) Build

My Butcherblock-esque Fermentation Chamber

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS