Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > my mom died Christmas Eve

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 02:54 AM   #21
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2672 Times on 2078 Posts
Likes Given: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger
My heart is with both you and Cheezy.
What, you don't like the kinder gentler Cheezy?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 03:26 AM   #22
kilted_brews
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezydemon3 View Post
I think that I am celebrating it tonight whilst I brew an epic IPA, rather than the self destructive celebration that I might have,come Christmas Eve again.
Condolences man, I feel for you. Though I haven't lost a parent yet, too many friends have passed too soon. I don't know how it is for you, but for me, something as innocent as an aroma or a simple turn of phrase can stir up all kinds of memories.

I used to rock climb a lot. It wasn't danger or thrill seeking that kept me on the cliff faces. Instead, I found that while clinging to a rock 40+ ft in the air, I didn't have time to stress about much more then where to put my hands or feet next. Everything else reduces to background noise. For me, brewing can be similar in that when I focus on the process, even a process I am comfortable with, each step becomes a critical path to the top. The things that stressed me are still there but so is the knowledge that I can create something awesome.

I'm sure that the epic IPA you've brewed will hit the mark, and I sincerely hope that you find peace along the way.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #23
Zuljin
16%er
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3476 Times on 3188 Posts
Likes Given: 371

It sucks to lose a loved one.

You're always going to remember her on the day. Especially since it's already such a marked day. There's nothing wrong with remembering.

The thing I tell myself is, life is for the living. We do the dead no justice living any other way.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:36 AM   #24
headbanger
Fast Loud Death
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 686 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
What, you don't like the kinder gentler Cheezy?
I really don't follow on what that's supposed to mean and I really don't care. All I'll say is if your'e lurking around here looking for opportunities to post smart-assed comments then this thread is probably not the place to do it. Some, including me, would consider it poor taste, to say the least, considering the OP lost his mother recently and has posted what should be considered a memorial thread here for his late mother. I really don't see how downplaying this man's emotions to me could make you feel better about yourself in any way, or why you would even go there, but just in case you're from another planet i'll go ahead and tell you that we all have feelings here on earth whether we like to admit it or not. Even us assholes.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:46 AM   #25
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3480 Times on 2154 Posts
Likes Given: 2988

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I really don't follow on what that's supposed to mean and I really don't care. All I'll say is if your'e lurking around here looking for opportunities to post smart-assed comments then this thread is probably not the place to do it. Some, including me, would consider it poor taste, to say the least, considering the OP lost his mother recently and has posted what should be considered a memorial thread here for his late mother. I really don't see how downplaying this man's emotions to me could make you feel better about yourself in any way, or why you would even go there, but just in case you're from another planet i'll go ahead and tell you that we all have feelings here on earth whether we like to admit it or not. Even us assholes.
I can assure you that 1: bottlebomber is from an another planet, 2: he is a kind person that means no harm, ever, and 3: cheezy knows that.

Now, there are things you don't know, and that's OK and normal of course, but rest assured that BB is not going to offend cheeze. I'm really sorry you saw it that way and I see how that happened and I think it's great that you stepped in the way you did, but it's all good here. Really. Kudo's to you for doing so.
People Like This 
Old 10-04-2012, 03:50 AM   #26
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2999 Times on 2953 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
For most people this would be true but cheezy is far from normal and I can almost assure you that it is stuff like that that he wants to see.

Who knows maybe I'm wrong though and am just being a heartless asshole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong
bottlebomber Likes This 
Old 10-04-2012, 03:51 AM   #27
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2999 Times on 2953 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I can assure you that 1: bottlebomber is from an another planet, 2: he is a kind person that means no harm, ever, and 3: cheezy knows that.

Now, there are things you don't know, and that's OK and normal of course, but rest assured that BB is not going to offend cheeze. I'm really sorry you saw it that way and I see how that happened and I think it's great that you stepped in the way you did, but it's all good here. Really. Kudo's to you for doing so.
Yeah, what he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 10-04-2012, 03:55 AM   #28
AZ_IPA
PKU

Recipes 

Liked 6201 Times on 5392 Posts
Likes Given: 771

Despite our regular disagreements, I still want to have a beer with you someday, cheesy.

Just let me open the bottle, pick the glass, and pour the beer.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:57 AM   #29
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1934 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 2752

Cheezy sorry to hear about your mom. The first year is the hardest. I lost both my parents when they were pretty young and within two years of each other. Nobody can take the pain away for you but try to focus on the good times, and memories. I promise you it does hurt less as time passes on. Best wishes my friend.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #30
mcwilcr
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Very sorry to hear about your mom. It is always hard to loose the ones we love.

I don't know your usual interwebz demeanor but I for one can say that for someone who has been dealing with such personal loss, your lighthearted and often humorous posts are a joy to read.

Quick Reply