Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > My father is crazy

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2005, 01:48 PM   #11
Truble
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If I had a pumpkin that big, I'd say 'crazy' was NOT taking it out for a ride A pumpkin that big does whatever it wants!

Primary: Octoberfest
mini 1G Primary: nichts
Secondary #1: #97 Pale Ale
Secondary #2 nichts
Bottled/Conditioning: nichts

Fully ConditionedDrinking: nichts
All Gone!:
Everything

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2005, 02:14 PM   #12
Orfy
For the love of beer!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Bar or Pub,

Loosley speaking a Pub is a stand alone building and a Bar or Wine Bar is usually squeezed in between shops etc.

Bars are subject to the same licensing laws as a pub. (Which is all changing)

Pubs and Bars generaly have a 11.00pm finish with 20 minutes drink up and a 11.30 chuck out.

Clubs tend to open 10pm. till 2.00am

But Like I say that is all changing.

BTW if you want to see a selection from my home town take a quick look here.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wire123/index.htm
click on pubs.

Old 10-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #13
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Bar vs Pub vs Club, Wisconsin style.

BAR - A typical Wisconsin bar trends toward the macro-brews and the commercial booze market. Usually there is a dart board and a pool table if the palce seats more than 20 folks. If they serve food it will generally be deep fried or made on a flat grill with the major ingredient being cheese, usually cheddar. If the TV is on and the Packers are playing then you get to watch the Packers play. Usually you get a shot for free every time the Packers score. You can tell you are in a town in Wisconsin if there is a gas station and a bar. There are usually more bars than churches in any give square mile of Wisconsin landscape. Bars in Wisconsin are commonly occupied by at least 3 people (besides employees) from open (often 9 or 10 am) till close (2am) with peak ours beign 5pm - 8pm and 10pm - 1am

PUB - A pub tends to run more toward microbrews and high end alcohols for more discerning tastes. Usually service food that is of a higher quality than the fried fare of their bar bretheren, the pub is much closer to a resturant that serves booze than a bar that has food. Hours do vary depending on how 'resturant-centric' the establishment is but tend to have the same busy periods as a bar, just with a different client base. Prices are generally 20% to 50% higher, consumate with the quality.

CLUB- Primary focus for a Club is dancing or bands as entertainment and drinking. "cruising" for 'chicks' is one of the primary male occupations at a Club. Beer is macro-brews with a focus more on trendy alcoholic drinks. Generally opening at 9pm or later, the operating principle is to pack the place in tight and keep the volume of the music or band high enough that it is hard to have a conversation. No food. Obligatory condom machines in bathrooms. Bouncers mandatory.

Gross generalizations above are intentional and made without reservation or apology.

Jason 'Kornkob' Robinson

I wanna move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Old 10-22-2005, 12:50 AM   #14
Windaria
Recipes 

Wait wait wait... I can't believe all of you, you're all more experienced than me and yet NONE of you saw the true use for a pumpkin like that...

Can you imagine making 10 gallons or so of pumpkin ale... using an actual pumpkin as the primary!!! Woo hoo!

Old 10-22-2005, 02:06 AM   #15
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Dude ! Imagine the pumpkin pie from that sucker ! Jason, your Old Man seems really cool, if the pictures are any indicator of his personality. He has good taste in motorcycles. BMW is the best ever bike in the world. Harleys sound great, and there is no substitute, but a Beemer will never let you down. Love the picture of your Dad and his buddy. I appreciate any guy who will ride the frame of an unfinished sidecar. At the meetings, we'd call him an enabler. Is that a Norton engine on the red project bike ? That's mean lookin' ! Visit the Old Guy on Saturday , if you can. He's one of a kind.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:48 PM   #16
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The red bike that is pictured on that site is a 1967 BSA Victor 441 single that went 107.391 MPH at the Bonneville Time Trials.

http://jrobinson5.photosite.com/Album1/?page=1

He's also got a car for the time trials:

http://www.kornkob.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=1245
http://www.kornkob.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=1246
http://www.kornkob.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=1251 (lost my beer when taking pics--- took me a while before I remembered where I put it)
http://www.kornkob.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=1228

Jason 'Kornkob' Robinson

I wanna move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Last edited by kornkob; 10-25-2005 at 01:56 PM.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:00 AM   #17
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The Old Man has some Mo' fine machinery ! Would he like to adopt a 37 year-old kid to leave all that to ?

Quick Reply