*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Music!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2005, 03:52 AM   #1
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 55 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Music!

I noticed in some people's public profiles many mention music as hobbies....

I'm a huge music fan as well, so I'll start!

Love all kinds of music. You name it--rock, classical, metal, country, jazz, everything...except I don't get the whole rap thing.
Some of my favorites right now are Tool, Queens of the Stone Age, Grasshopper Takeover, Flogging Molly and the one that hasn't left my CD player in weeks is Blackout by the Dropkick Murphys. Great drinking CD!
I could talk music all day long--especially over beers!
I've been meaning to play guitar for some time. I have an electric acoustic and I can play 3 chords, so I suck. Someday I'll give it a better whirl.

Anyone else?

Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2005, 08:47 AM   #2
OSUmoney83
Recipes 

Location: In the heart of buckeye nation, now (2012) in Scottsdale, Arizona
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orrelse
I noticed in some people's public profiles many mention music as hobbies....

I'm a huge music fan as well, so I'll start!

Love all kinds of music. You name it--rock, classical, metal, country, jazz, everything...except I don't get the whole rap thing.
Some of my favorites right now are Tool, Queens of the Stone Age, Grasshopper Takeover, Flogging Molly and the one that hasn't left my CD player in weeks is Blackout by the Dropkick Murphys. Great drinking CD!
I could talk music all day long--especially over beers!
I've been meaning to play guitar for some time. I have an electric acoustic and I can play 3 chords, so I suck. Someday I'll give it a better whirl.

Anyone else?

Keep jamming! I'm a huge music fan, I've been playing guitar for about 7-8 years now, and it feels like I'm just starting to understand music! anyways, I *love* me some british rock, Oasis, Travis, especially The Verve (bittersweet symphony, not the verve pipe which has that "freshman" song) anything really. If you want some good drinkin' music, Oasis is the way to go.(funny, I'm drinking right now while oasis came up on my playlist). I love all music, from country to classical to electronic, theres something in every style I can appreciate. I have some turntables that I bought about 2 years ago and Ive been trying my hand at beat mixing, trance, hiphop, you name it.
I've kind of noticed that there are some distinct personality traits among us homebrewers, like a love of cooking, music, beer ,something. All said and done, my favorite album of all time is Urban Hymns, by The Verve. Every song on it is amazing!

Old 03-05-2005, 08:52 AM   #3
OSUmoney83
Recipes 

Location: In the heart of buckeye nation, now (2012) in Scottsdale, Arizona
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

couldn't help myself.......

" I was looking for some action, but all I found was cigarrettes and alcohol..."

cigarrettes and alcohol by Oasis. They have a lot more to offer than just their US hits from years ago like wonderwall and champagne supernova.

Old 03-05-2005, 10:10 AM   #4
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUmoney83
couldn't help myself.......

" I was looking for some action, but all I found was cigarrettes and alcohol..."

cigarrettes and alcohol by Oasis. They have a lot more to offer than just their US hits from years ago like wonderwall and champagne supernova.
I gave Oasis a chance in the 90's but I got tired of the bickering they were always doing. They did have some good stuff.

If someone asked me to make a top 10 of all time faves, either songs or albums, I would really struggle. I love so much music it would be extremely hard to rate it. I have my regulars but moods and situations can be greatly enhanced by the right music.
Anyone ever heard of Captain Beyond? A rather obscure 70s group that had 2 CDs that just flat out rocked.
I have 500 CDs of you name it. Frequently friends and I will get together and just have DJ nights, where we play anythign that we want to hear. Those are great nights. I've found I'm much more open to different styles after I've put back a few brews, that's for sure!!!
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 03-05-2005, 03:16 PM   #5
rightwingnut

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm glad you started this thread...I, too, love music of all kinds. Grew up listening to early rap (pre-teen years), teen years I was into classic rock (Allmans, Jethro Tull, yadda yadda), then I got into jazz...Now I'm into everything (except rap)...
Listening to Shivaree, Madeleine Peyroux, Amy Corriea, Alison Krauss, always liked James Taylor....the Marshall Tucker Band, Portishead, Bjork, Steely Dan, Bob Marley is timeless, Quantic Soul Orchestra, Zero 7 is awesome.
I have a set of turntables, too; I wanted to learn to scratch and mix up some tunes, but I haven't practiced much....always wanted to learn an instrument, but never stuck with it.

Old 03-05-2005, 05:34 PM   #6
seven77
Recipes 

Metal and hard rock. Everything else sounds too weak and it bores me. I can't even listen to the radio anymore, as I feel disgusted after a few songs and turn the station to some news or something. I'm an avid guitar and electric bass player. Used to play the clarinet and saxaphone, but haven't touched either one in over 10 years.

Old 03-05-2005, 05:35 PM   #7
D-brewmeister

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm mostly into what you would call indy rock, but do listen to other stuff. Favorites include the Pixies, archers of loaf, radio head, Elliot Smith. Going town to Salt Lake City today to see Modest Mouse in concert!!

Guid ale keeps my heart aboon!
-- Robert Burns

Old 03-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #8
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1714 Times on 569 Posts
Likes Given: 859

My tastes vary a lot. Elvis, Beatles, Led Zepplin, Kinks, Bob Marley, Tool, SOD, RHCP, Reverend Horton Heat, Frank Zappa, Don Williams, Lefty Frizzell, Hank Williams, list goes on ...

My Instagram

Old 03-05-2005, 07:06 PM   #9
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
My tastes vary a lot. Elvis, Beatles, Led Zepplin, Kinks, Bob Marley, Tool, SOD, RHCP, Reverend Horton Heat, Frank Zappa, Don Williams, Lefty Frizzell, Hank Williams, list goes on ...

The reverend...good stuff!
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 03-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #10
SwAMi75

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Ever heard of a band called Eagles of Death Metal?

Quick Reply