Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Weekend to Enter!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > The Mug I Made
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #1
jtf3456
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 77
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default The Mug I Made

It's made out of an old rusty 1/4" thick metal pipe that I cut and cleaned up and buffed. The handle is made from round rod that I cut and heated up and bent it then welded it. The bottom is a piece that i cut out and welded and it is leak proof. Then I painted it black. Of course I Do NOT drink out of it. I just made it in spare time for fun.

image-2119440468.jpg  
__________________
jtf3456 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
Stevo2569
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: C-VILLE, Tn
Posts: 1,277
Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf3456
It's made out of an old rusty 1/4" thick metal pipe that I cut and cleaned up and buffed. The handle is made from round rod that I cut and heated up and bent it then welded it. The bottom is a piece that i cut out and welded and it is leak proof. Then I painted it black. Of course I Do NOT drink out of it. I just made it in spare time for fun.
Why make a cup and not drink from it?
__________________

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire."
-David Rains Wallace


My Brewing Apparatus

Stevo2569 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #3
Grumpybumpy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: , Wa
Posts: 709
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Yeah, why paint it? Looks cool though

__________________
Grumpybumpy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 03:03 AM   #4
jtf3456
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 77
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

It wasn't stainless or anything. It'd rust just from being in the atmosphere and the metal was not new and was no where near sanitary or food grade for sure. And it weighs about 7 or 8 pounds. If you would had seen the inside of it before it was painted, trust me, you wouldn't think twice about drinking out of it.

__________________
jtf3456 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 03:05 AM   #5
Stevo2569
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: C-VILLE, Tn
Posts: 1,277
Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtf3456
It wasn't stainless or anything. It'd rust just from being in the atmosphere and the metal was not new and was no where near sanitary or food grade for sure. And it weighs about 7 or 8 pounds. If you would had seen the inside of it before it was painted, trust me, you wouldn't think twice about drinking out of it.
So I guess at 8#'s it's more of a drunkards weapon than a cup.
__________________

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire."
-David Rains Wallace


My Brewing Apparatus

Stevo2569 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 03:31 AM   #6
jtf3456
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 77
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo2569

So I guess at 8#'s it's more of a drunkards weapon than a cup.
Yes, or possibly the next invention that will make billions. Something like, " The Workout Mug ". Gets you ripped while drinking beer and hanging out with friends in just 30 days. People would probably actually buy it, now adays any invention will sell. I love seeing all those absolutely ridiculous products.
__________________
jtf3456 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 04:03 AM   #7
BIGCUNN60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 85
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Make an infomercial that airs at about 3am, sell them in pairs (you don't want one arm bigger than the other) For only 3 easy payments of 29.95. Operators are standing by. Call now, and for the next 10 minutes you will also receive a glow in the dark bottle opener absolutely FREE!

__________________
BIGCUNN60 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TxBrew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: San Marcos, Texas
Posts: 8,794
Liked 1837 Times on 601 Posts
Likes Given: 880

Default

That's cool. How much can it hold?

__________________
Love HBT? Follow this link.

My Instagram
TxBrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
jtf3456
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 77
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCUNN60
Make an infomercial that airs at about 3am, sell them in pairs (you don't want one arm bigger than the other) For only 3 easy payments of 29.95. Operators are standing by. Call now, and for the next 10 minutes you will also receive a glow in the dark bottle opener absolutely FREE!
With some of the things you see on tv now, it'd fit right in.
__________________
jtf3456 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
jtf3456
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Posts: 77
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
That's cool. How much can it hold?
Not exactly sure. I'd say somewhere around 24oz give or take a few oz.
__________________
jtf3456 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools