Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Michigan vs. Michigan State

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #1
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1943 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 1062

Default Michigan vs. Michigan State

I'm starting this topic in the Chit Chat forum. Please don't make the mods move it to the debate forum!

So, I like both teams, having graduated from Ferris State (Go DOGS!). Normally I'm a Michigan fan, unless they are playing State. Then I root for the underdogs.

But there are a few people at work who are very nearly hardcore Michigan Fans. One in particular, who's son is now going to Michigan, I wanted to mess with a bit.

So I loaded up a Spartans flag into his screen saver. I also swapped his desktop image with a very cool Spartans image. (Making sure to place his application over top again so he won't see it until he closes the app and shows the desktop...)

To be honest, I'm a bit giddy. People round here take this sort of thing pretty seriously. Yes, even up here.

I wonder if I can modify the policies on his computer so that he doesn't have the option to change those settings...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Well, after being a Michigan fan for most of my life, even though I went to Wayne state I still spent a ton of time in Ann Arbor, and like you usually support both teams if they are playing separately and cheer for UofM if they are playing state..but this year I've been b!tch-slapped to true neutrality...my Niece/god daughter got a full boat to State.

My sis is now a rabid state supporter, and since she is my BIG sister (18 years older than me) she can really play the Jewish Mother Guilt Card effectively. My poor BIL is a HUUUUUGE Michigan fan, the kind that I always new I could get him anything maize and blue for Christmas and he'd be happy. So it is really rough for him.

I've been trying to find some "House Divided" clothing with half blue and half green, but I can't find stuff anywhere.

Since both teams seem to be playing really well this year, and with the whole family dynamic this year I was looking forward to watching the game with family...but my BIL stooopidly scheduled a "hunting" trip with his buddies this weekend so he's going to be gone. And My Nephew and his GF have this annual camping trip that someone else scheduled. He's hoping that the battery powered tv set he scrambled to borrow can get the game in where ever the heck they are camping at.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
stevo155
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Having never been to Michigan and not sure if I even flew over it when I head out west, I really have no preference.

I guess I'll go Michigan since that's where Tom Brady went to school.

BN Army for Life!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
The Pale Horse
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I graduated from Michigan State, but I grew up a Michigan fan. As most know, once you step on to campus in East Lansing, you learn to detest those Wolverines in Ann Arbor, but I'm civil about it lol. When it became time to choose where to go, I took a look at the culture and the people who went to each school and just seemed to fit in with the MSU crowd much better. Looking back, it was the best decision of my life.

With that being said...anyone going to any tailgates on Saturday? I'll be at one that my cousin goes to every year and they set up three huge tents, tons of food, and even a satellite TV. Their only request is that I bring my beer haha so I'll bring all three (check out my sig)

P.S. @ Homercidal - if you take a screen shot of your coworkers screen with the MSU background on it, paste the screen shot into paint, save it, right click on the desktop and hide all the icons, hide the (i forget the actual name of it) start bar, then make that screen shot the desktop background, he won't be able to click anything since it's part of the picture. I've done this a few times back in college as pranks on buddies, it tends to work pretty well. Even if they restart the computer, they usually can't figure it out until you lend a helping hand

Primary: Belgian Golden, English Mild, Watermelon Wheat
Oak Barrel: Old Ale II
Kegged: Coconut Porter, Old English Ale (Oak Barrel)
Bottled: German Pilsner Lager

www.palehorsebrewery.com

Old 10-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
pjj2ba
Look under the recliner

Recipes 

Liked 192 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Go Moo U!

I spent 9 yrs in E. Lansing (class of '85 and '92). Maybe, it is just because because we have more experience at it, but it seems to me that U of M fans don't seemed to handle losing as well. Also they don't seem as gracious as winners. It is one thing to be happy for your team's victory, it is a bit much though to put down the loser. I see that at a lot of schools though, and I think unfortunately it is a growing trend

Primary: Pale Ale
Brewing soon: Saison
Recently kicked : ( IPA, Bock, Saison,
Pilsner Urquell Master Homebrewer
(1st NYC 2011, 2nd NYC 2012)
P U crowns winners in its inaugural master HB competition

Old 10-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
ISLAGI
1 beer short of a sixer

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Go green!!!!!!

Old 10-07-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1943 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pale Horse View Post
I graduated from Michigan State, but I grew up a Michigan fan. As most know, once you step on to campus in East Lansing, you learn to detest those Wolverines in Ann Arbor, but I'm civil about it lol. When it became time to choose where to go, I took a look at the culture and the people who went to each school and just seemed to fit in with the MSU crowd much better. Looking back, it was the best decision of my life.

With that being said...anyone going to any tailgates on Saturday? I'll be at one that my cousin goes to every year and they set up three huge tents, tons of food, and even a satellite TV. Their only request is that I bring my beer haha so I'll bring all three (check out my sig)

P.S. @ Homercidal - if you take a screen shot of your coworkers screen with the MSU background on it, paste the screen shot into paint, save it, right click on the desktop and hide all the icons, hide the (i forget the actual name of it) start bar, then make that screen shot the desktop background, he won't be able to click anything since it's part of the picture. I've done this a few times back in college as pranks on buddies, it tends to work pretty well. Even if they restart the computer, they usually can't figure it out until you lend a helping hand
HA HA!! I love that old bit! I forgot all about it! I am pretty sure he found my attack by now. The best part is that he normally leaves about an hour before I do, so I'll have all kinds of time to load that screenshot up and also find a web page with the Michigan State fight song playing and make that his homepage.

Too bad there is no way I could force his computer to play the fight song through the network.. Or IS there?

Old 10-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
buffalobrewer
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Been going to a UofM game every season for 9 seasons now so it's

Go Blue!

You start with a full bag of luck and a empty bag of experience, your goal is to fill the bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck

Old 10-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
buffalobrewer
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
HA HA!! I love that old bit! I forgot all about it! I am pretty sure he found my attack by now. The best part is that he normally leaves about an hour before I do, so I'll have all kinds of time to load that screenshot up and also find a web page with the Michigan State fight song playing and make that his homepage.

Too bad there is no way I could force his computer to play the fight song through the network.. Or IS there?
If they can do this, I'm sure there is a way...

It’s a win for the University of Michigan Wolverines, . . . if not for anyone else.

After election officials in Washington, D.C., egged on hackers to have a go at their new internet voting system, they did just that. The result was Michigan’s fight song “Hail to the Victors” played to voters after they cast their ballots.

Election officials were testing their new pilot voting system in advance of elections in November, but had to pull it down on Friday after the hackers seized it.

Read More http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...#ixzz11h3ITE7Y

You start with a full bag of luck and a empty bag of experience, your goal is to fill the bag of experience before you empty your bag of luck

Old 10-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #10
TexasSpartan
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I think my screen name should give away who I'll be cheering for on Saturday

GO GREEN!

After beating Wisconsin last weekend, I even thought about flying back to MI for the game, but flights were just too much. So I'll just be watching it down here with a couple other fellow MSU grads. Can't wait for Saturday, it should be a great game!

Carboy 1: Falconer's Flight IPA
Carboy 2: Honey Jalapeno Saison

Quick Reply