Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Med Board returned retirement offer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default Med Board returned retirement offer

So as some of you know I have been waiting on my MEB Board to be returned to me. Well today I recieved it. it is nothing like i was hoping ofr but it did include total retirement. They offerd me 30% unlike the 70 i was expecting becasue the Sleep Apnia is conciderd non compensatable at the Air Force level. I will be compencated at the VA level and at a rate of 50% and then there will be the other issues added to it but i was really disappointed at the Air Force offering, At least i wont be in the Air Force any more. I was figuring that I would not see any of the AF Retirement due to the VA comp but still it wold have been nice to see a higher offering. I am figuring that I will sign the paperwork Monday morning and be Retired in 90 days. I will have only 40 days until i am able to take my house hunting and terminal leave. So I will be unemployed in a shot time.

“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
http://whatalesyou.webs.com/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2010, 03:53 AM   #2
Chap
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 48

How long have you been in? I've been in the Corps 23 years now and have noticed sleep apnea has become a bigger retirement issue than ever before. Did you have to do sleep studies? Best of luck to you.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:01 AM   #3
jtkratzer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Keep working for what you're owed if you're not satisfied with the offer. A MSgt at my battery almost got screwed...dude was injured somewhere around 17 times in combat theaters with never damage and who knows how many surgeries to have nerves removed and wild stuff done. He'll be dealing with issues for the rest of his life. He fought, and fought, and fought, and fought some more...he got his 100%.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
dougf
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You definitely have to fight. You have to go to the medics and get these things documented. Don't just be hooah, drink water and drive on. Got to get these things documented. The Army is bad for telling Soldiers to just push through some things that you should be getting medical treatment for.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
jtkratzer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougf View Post
You definitely have to fight. You have to go to the medics and get these things documented. Don't just be hooah, drink water and drive on. Got to get these things documented. The Army is bad for telling Soldiers to just push through some things that you should be getting medical treatment for.
And if it's not on your record that you received treatment, it didn't happen.

Quick Reply