Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Mead Eruption Accident

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1613 Times on 1137 Posts
Likes Given: 2710

Default Mead Eruption Accident

I'm a bachelor this week with SWMBO travelling for business. James left to his own devices is seldom a good thing. First off, I need to get rid of the liver mush loaf I made (I actually didnt like it). Second I don't have any blonde women to shut me down when I go on a rant about something insignificant.

And finally, I made a JAOM style raspberry and guava mead. I had the fruit and the crap honey, and no SWMBO to ask if I really need another gallon jug on the bar.

Woke up to a sore throat that killed (I've really been kind of unwell for about a weekish now) at about 5am. Got water, went back to bed. Woke up running late for work (what else is new) only to see a missing airlock on the jug. So... either a) someone broke in and stole only the airlock (roving bands of rogue homebrew hooligans are so prevailant in Astoria)... or b) the airlock shot into the stratosphere of my apartment. Since I couldnt take the time to ponder either, I put a fresh airlock on and went to work.

I'm going to come home to a mess of yeast goo and raspberry ejaculates. So yeah, I feel like a clown. Ha.

Not sure if I cant wait for tomorrow when SWMBO comes home (I need a friggin hug) or if I'm dreading it, seeing as how she will inevitably find the one spot I missed when I clean.

*sigh* It will pass.

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply