Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > A major break-through in parenting! From a childless man.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1582 Times on 1115 Posts
Likes Given: 2543

Default A major break-through in parenting! From a childless man.

So, the wife and a couple friends went to the new joint down the block for dinner. They have barbeque they smoke off-site, a nice draft beer list, and kegs of bourbon. So far so good. Everything is served in mason jars, and everyone sits where they can find room at long oak tables. A little hipstery, but then I have a hipster tendency or two. They need to get the line situation under control and the restrooms arent the best, but I'm sure they will in time. Some of the sauces better than others, and they run out of food quickly... needs a little work but a solid effort. Creamy approves.

What surprised me a bit was the number of folks who brought their infants and put them in those little attach it to a table baby seats. This was at about 8pm.

What really surprised me was that in a bustling, loud beer garden/rib joint you didnt hear a single baby crying. The little guy across from me on the other side of the table had this kind of bemused "where in the bloody HELL am I??" look on his little face the whole time. When I went to the restroom I passed by another infant, this time a girl (helpfully labelled with a bib that said "daddy's girl", sucking her pacifier with a confused wrinkled brow.

Lesson learned. When I have a kid and it starts fussing, I am going to bring it to The Strand, where he or she will be over stimulated in the auditory sense whilst orafactorily they will be bombarded with wing sauce, good bourbon, great beer, and mediocre kidney beans. Brilliant!

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

I know the smell of a good smokehouse calms me down, so yeah I guess it would work for a wee bairn. Or maybe the lack of fresh air was actually smothering the child....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

CreamyGoodness Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
Randar
Damn right I got da brews
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4581 Times on 4486 Posts
Likes Given: 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I know the smell of a good smokehouse calms me down
Works for bees, too.

You know, after hundreds of these threads, I think Creamy may FINALLY be onto something.

Either that or hipster kids are just calm by nature. They're genetically/morally/socially superior to all others and they know this at birth, so they're too busy judging all the wannabe hipsters at places like this.

Mmm, hot and wet beef.-marubozo

Get rich or get sandy trying...-AZ_IPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Club View Post
I feel like I may need to take a stroll around gen pop and say hi to my subjects.
Revvy Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
Goofynewfie
Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 163 Posts
Likes Given: 25

A cloroform soaked teddy bear works good too

You cant always be young but you can always be immature

Revvy Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 1594 Times on 521 Posts
Likes Given: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
So, the wife and a couple friends went to the new joint down the block for dinner. They have barbeque they smoke off-site, a nice draft beer list, and kegs of bourbon. So far so good. Everything is served in mason jars, and everyone sits where they can find room at long oak tables. A little hipstery, but then I have a hipster tendency or two. They need to get the line situation under control and the restrooms arent the best, but I'm sure they will in time. Some of the sauces better than others, and they run out of food quickly... needs a little work but a solid effort. Creamy approves.

What surprised me a bit was the number of folks who brought their infants and put them in those little attach it to a table baby seats. This was at about 8pm.

What really surprised me was that in a bustling, loud beer garden/rib joint you didnt hear a single baby crying. The little guy across from me on the other side of the table had this kind of bemused "where in the bloody HELL am I??" look on his little face the whole time. When I went to the restroom I passed by another infant, this time a girl (helpfully labelled with a bib that said "daddy's girl", sucking her pacifier with a confused wrinkled brow.

Lesson learned. When I have a kid and it starts fussing, I am going to bring it to The Strand, where he or she will be over stimulated in the auditory sense whilst orafactorily they will be bombarded with wing sauce, good bourbon, great beer, and mediocre kidney beans. Brilliant!

If you keep them overloaded they have a tendency to shut down.

I'm sure the ribs had more to do with it though.

My Instagram

Old 12-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
Airplanedoc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 278 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 76

I hate going to a nicer restaurant with a bunch of screaming germ carrying kids in them. If I ran a restaurant there would be a people with kids section just like the smokers aquarium at the airports.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #7
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.

Recipes 

Liked 4628 Times on 4311 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Good bourbon applied orafactorily to an infant/child has indentical results in the proper amounts.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
VegasJ
Internet Toughguy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofynewfie View Post
A cloroform soaked teddy bear works good too
For what? Getting dates?

(I kid, I kid!)

Old 12-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
KayaBrew
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Do the hipster babies wear skinny jeans and ironic t-shirts?

"...Careful, man...there's a beverage here!..."

gratus fermentatio Likes This 
Old 12-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #10
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1582 Times on 1115 Posts
Likes Given: 2543

How old do they have to be before you can give them ribs and bourbon? I offered the baby across from me some but the parents gave me a really nasty look. I was just being nice.

I will admit, though, that offering a baby some babybacks seems to be in poor taste...

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Quick Reply