Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > made friends with the neighbor---NOT
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
snccoulter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default made friends with the neighbor---NOT

So since we moved in the guy across the street has been blaring his electric guitar and amp. (It would be one thing if he was good but he sounds like 2 cats f%&king) So I have called the cops no less than 12 times. Last night it was twice. This morning I found the back window of my truck busted out. With a 32oz miller high life bottle. I called the cops gave my statement then ran into the father a few hours later as I was cleaning told the old man I would not press charges if the window was fixed. Then the son. Probably 35 36ish comes storming out says he is going to kick my a double s. Someone called the cops. And the guy ends up in county for being under the influance of narcotics. So the guy is doubly mad now one for ending up in county and now daddy knows his son is back on the dope. I think it is time to leave my St. Bernard on the front yard. He won't bite but he will hold you down till I make him move...

“Fairy tales don't tell children that dragons exist; children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
― G.K. Chesterton
http://whatalesyou.webs.com/

Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
viking73
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Wow. Nice neighbor. Was the dad cool?

Old 05-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
Inodoro_Pereyra
Recipes 

That kind of idiot will probably kill your dog just to make a statement. I would just deal with him myself.

A pessimist is a well informed optimist.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
TXCrash
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2766 Times on 2723 Posts
Likes Given: 114

Six feet under a fella like that belongs. Think a Californian can get a hold of a big enough pellet gun to do the honors?

Seriously, though. I'd be looking into some kind of security system for when this guy gets out and I'd definitely be considering self defense when he gets out. A dipsh*it like that is likely to come after you, your family, your property, your animals to get revenge. Be safe, be legal.

Are you just bored and wanted something, anything to type?-IrregularPulse

I will just push my son to have kids at 15. Then I will see the grandkids longer.-AMonkey
IP's wife's boobs weigh more than my wife.-Randar
My wife has the coordination of a drunk two legged spider.-Zuljin

Old 05-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #5
Ringmaster
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

yeah i'm with TXCurtis, couldn't hurt to be a little paranoid by this point. A security camera might keep him from trying to do something stupid to your truck again.

Even one of those fake ones will scare away a lot of people but a real one has an added benefit of actually working.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #6
Inodoro_Pereyra
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringmaster View Post
A security camera might keep him from trying to do something stupid to your truck again.
A 35 year old junkie? I doubt it.
But a couple of fly back transformers wired properly would make a very nice taser. I bet that would make him think twice about keeping the BS up.

A pessimist is a well informed optimist.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #7
dfc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by snccoulter View Post
I have called the cops no less than 12 times.
This makes you a d-bag. Unless the dude is playing at 3am and you can hear it inside your house you're a d-bag.

Kegged: Beer
Bottled: Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer, Beer.
Primary: Beer
Secondary: Beer

How to brew extract (with pictures!)

How to brew extract (Video)

Simple bottling process

dzlater Likes This 
Old 05-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #8
broadbill
Recipes 

Liked 322 Times on 226 Posts
Likes Given: 224

I'd be interested to hear how you were able to stick the breaking of your trucks window to this guy. Unless you had some sort of evidence to link him to the crime, I'm surprised the police gave you the time of day. The only way I can imagine a beer bottle breaking a car window is if it were flung out of a moving car.

No doubt this guys sounds like a dirt-bag. However, if I was having issues with my neighbor and he accused me of property damage I didn't do, I'd probably be storming out of my house to have a little chat with my neighbor too.

Also, I hope you went over and politely asked him to turn down the music before calling the po-po on him.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
theschick
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
This makes you a d-bag. Unless the dude is playing at 3am and you can hear it inside your house you're a d-bag.
Wow, you are defending the junkie who is obviously violent and disrespectful. People have a right to peace and quiet, that is why there are noise violations. Way to class-up this conversation.

Kansas City area people: Check out the KC home brew club: www.kcbiermeisters.org

Old 05-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #10
o4_srt
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc

Wtf?

If a neighbor routinely disrupted the peace and quiet of my property, I'd do the same thing. There is most likely a noise ordinance that prohibits such things. If, after asking the neighbor politely to quiet down, he didn't, I'd call the cops too.

There is absolutely no reason that guy couldn't use a set of headphones to practice.

Luckily, my neighbors are craft beer lovers, and can be easily won over by a bottle or two of homebrew.

Conditioning: Muddy Paw Nut Brown Ale, Jump The Fence Independence Cream Ale

Closed Thread

Quick Reply