Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Life in general

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 04:54 AM   #1
fujieagle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Default Life in general

Please allow me to rant. My in-laws have been in town and staying with us for going on 4 months now. Me and my wife both work and make decent money. Our house is nice and large enough to accomodate everyone. My in-laws are really nice and have helped us alot. With that out of the way, let the beotching begin. I live in MO and work in TX currently. I work four and have four off. I absolutely dread coming home on my days off. The in-laws don't help support in the way of food or utilities. They sit on the rumps all day until I have dinner ready and then it's like sooooowwwwiiiiiiiieeeee! You would think that the slop bucket was just thrown into the pig pen. I cook the meal and am usually the last one to make a plate. The mother in law has recently started help with the clean up. She has the most annoying laugh possible. We have a 2nd living room that they commander when they are her and that is fine. Problem is, he'll be in there and she'll be in the regular living room watching something like Matlock or In the Heat of the night. Tonight, the wife is the living room watching american idol or something, father in law in the other room watching WWE,{not a fan} and the mother in law is laying on my bed watching some stupid show she's seen a thousand times. I am realy at my wits end here. They say that they are leaving this monday which I hope they do. I don't even dare to drink around them for fear that I may snap and tell everyone what I really think. I look forward to my work week for some peace and quiet. I've tried to talk to the wife about it but of course every time I say anything no matter how sober and polite I am, I of course am jsut being an azz. She thinks I'm being selfish but I don't see it that way. We are a family of 4 and have been married for 20 years. Having the extra 2 people here is really taking it's toll financially and mentally on me. To make matters worse, we are in the process of selling our house and looking for one in TX. Of course the wife says we need 4 bedrooms and the 2nd living room in the new house for the in laws to come visit. WTF!!!!!!!!! Ain't like they are paying the mortgage. Thanks for letting me blow off some steam. F$%^ it, I'm going to the garage and get a pint of my blue moon clone.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4894 Times on 4478 Posts
Likes Given: 60

I've lived with my international MIL twice now. The first time was for well over a year.

All I can say is THANK GOD for Malaysian Nat'l Healthcare and diabetes.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:06 AM   #3
fujieagle
Recipes 

The one escape that I have when I'm home is my garage. kegerator with 4 beers on tap, cable TV and sound system with surround sound. Normally, I can hang out there as much as I want. But, when the inlaws are in town, the wife complains that I am being anti social and rude to her parents if I stay out there for longer than a smoke. It's really getting to me man. He doesn't say 2 words all day and she never shuts up. Usually just mindless ramblings about nothing and her really, really annoying laugh. I'm telling ya, she's nuttier than a squirrel turd.

Old 04-01-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
ultravista
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 26

You could walk around the house naked scratching yourself here-and-there. Something will give sooner or later.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2349 Times on 1667 Posts
Likes Given: 1317

Sucks to be you!

Old 04-01-2011, 02:17 PM   #6
fujieagle
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Sucks to be you!
Normally no but right now it really does.

Old 04-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #7
Bigeb
Recipes 

If it were me I would eat lots of onions and beans and fart myself silly. I have elevated the farting of some seriously obnoxious gas to an art form.

Make the environment unpleasant so the want to leave. Better yet, constantly do some silent drivebys, leave and wait for the reaction.

Yes it is a bit childish but so is mooching.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:03 PM   #8
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2349 Times on 1667 Posts
Likes Given: 1317

Cabbage and eggs...

Anyway, yeah it's a tough spot. It's hard to imagine that they don't have at least the simple courtesy to let the owner of the house, and the guy who pays the TV bills the pleasure of watching one of his own TVs when he wants.

And really, at least "try" to cook something once in a while and do some clean up around the house if they are going to be home all day. My kids do more than these guys do it sounds like, and they go to school all day! (OF course I don't have a problem telling them when I want the TV or that the dishes are building up.)

Old 04-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #9
Misplaced_Canuck
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Good Gawd man, put your foot down!

M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #10
tallybrewer
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just take a deep breath, Monday will be here soon.

Don't drink & drive. Don't even putt.
- Dean Martin

Quick Reply