Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Lhbs & brewery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
MadCanyonPH
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Lhbs & brewery

For the past few months I have been researching and writing a business plan for a brewery & restaurant only to determine that the start-up costs are too high for my current situation. I have a decent amount of savings that I have no problem investing, but I don't want a lot of debt.

My plan has now changed from opening a full scale brewpub to something like a nano brewery with a homebrew shop attached.

Has anyone out there tried this business model before?

My goal isn't to strike it rich but dig in, and establish my cities first local brewery. The 15 mile-radius-population of where I live is around 300,000 and the competition is little to none for breweries and homebrew shops.

Another option I have considered is to just start the nano brewery sans brew shop. This will allow myself to focus more on sales and distribution of my beer, but will decrease daytime traffic and sales. Either way I want to serve my beer on tap.

cap-top.jpg  

Last edited by MadCanyonPH; 04-18-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 542 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 415

Stock market? Good way to invest without debt.

EDIT: Your original post only contained the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCanyonPH View Post
For the past few months I have been researching and writing a business plan for a brewery & restaurant only to determine that the start-up costs are too high for my current situation. I have a decent amount of savings that I have no problem investing, but I don't want a lot of debt.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
MadCanyonPH
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

True, but it's not really my bag. Too damn risky...(as I realize how risky starting a business is).

Quick Reply