Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Let's Talk Deposits Con Cars

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
Kevin Dean
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Let's Talk Deposits Con Cars

My wife has been without a car for a while. She's got very eccclectic tastes and has had her heart set on a manual Honda Civic hatchback. Unfortunately, the newer models (2002+) have power steering but the older ones do not. Anyway... Her "requirements" are a bit specific

Yesterday, she found the car she wants. We ran Carfax on it and it's checking out. Not only is the car exactly as she wants but it's purple - her favorite color. So... this is like her ultimate "thing".

But we can't afford it right now. That is to say, we paid off credit cards in September and have only saved a few grand since then. WE can certainly afford the car, just that we didn't plan on buying it today and didn't "conserve" our paychecks this week. I plan to drive up there today and put a deposit on the car until we get paid again but...

How long is "reasonable" to keep a deposit on a car before actually making the purchase? When I bought my last one, I put the deposit down and then decided to buy about 8 hours later so I've never "tested the waters" there. In this case, we will have the money by next payday (January 17th) - is that reasonable or too long?

"What's your name? Well my mom calls me Son, and my cat calls me Meow, either will do." -- Sam Dodson of the Obscured Truth Network

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #2
bigjohnmilford
bigger than most
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 112

I'd say the only opinion that matters is the person who is selling the car.
Best of luck hope swmbo gets what she wants.

What's your hobby Ray? Drinkin. Want a beer Buddy?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply