Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Keeping track of all the beers at GABF

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2009, 04:01 AM   #1
jamesnsw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Keeping track of all the beers at GABF

So last year I went to GABF for the first time, and had a great time. I was able to figure out my general taste, what I liked and didn't like overall. So generally, I learned a lot. But specifics? I have no idea what beers I tried, what breweries, etc. It was just way too much to take in.

So how do people actually take anything away from something like this? I contemplated pen and paper, but that gets annoying to pull out. I have an iPhone, and taking notes on it takes too long to be worth it in this case, and taking pictures is also kinda slow. (There, I said it. The iPhone is far from perfect.) I'm not counting any out, just wondering how other people do it, what tricks people have.

Wouldn't it be great if somehow everyone had a scanner, and each beer had a barcode, so you could walk around and zap all your new favorites? Sigh...

Some stuff I've made: Odell's 90 Shilling Clone, Abbey Weiss Pottsville Common, Simple Mead, Dry Dock Apricot Blonde Clone, Rye IPA, Maibock, Scrapper's Quaffable Irish Red, Short Sleep Blueberry Ale, Lazy Magnolia Pecan Nut Brown Ale Clone, Graff, Apfelwein, Cascades Orange Pale, Orfy's Mild Ale, Vagabond Gingered Ale
What to Brew for iOS (free)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
Blender

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Isn't there a voice memo app in the IPhone? That sounds pretty easy. They also make a barcode reader app for the IPhone but you would need at least a bottle to scan. If it even works. NeoReader

Gary

Old 09-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #3
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2128 Times on 1524 Posts
Likes Given: 1169

Voice record is pretty cool. My pocketPC phone has one that you can record several audio files in one note, and add handwritten notes if you like as well. Might be nice to record notes for each separate brewery that way. The voice record is pretty easy to operate.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:10 AM   #4
jamesnsw
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hmmm voice record... that could be the way to go. Thanks!

Some stuff I've made: Odell's 90 Shilling Clone, Abbey Weiss Pottsville Common, Simple Mead, Dry Dock Apricot Blonde Clone, Rye IPA, Maibock, Scrapper's Quaffable Irish Red, Short Sleep Blueberry Ale, Lazy Magnolia Pecan Nut Brown Ale Clone, Graff, Apfelwein, Cascades Orange Pale, Orfy's Mild Ale, Vagabond Gingered Ale
What to Brew for iOS (free)

Quick Reply